Caribbean Crush

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Cranberry, Hibiscus, Papaya, Pineapple
banana, Cocoa, Fruit Punch, Fruit Tree Flowers, Tropical, White Chocolate, Candy, Fruity, Melon, Sugar, Cherry, Coconut, Cranberry, Hibiscus, Strawberry, Tart, Sweet, Creamy, Jam, Pineapple, Pleasantly Sour, Smooth, Dried Fruit, Candied Apple, Apple
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Looking to get away from all the hustle and bustle? There’s nothing more relaxing than the sunny Caribbean. Swaying palm trees, soothing waves and soft white sand…it’s the perfect little escape. And we have your one way ticket right here. With juicy pineapple, fresh papaya and yummy cranberries, this sweet and tangy tea is the ultimate tropical fruit punch. It’s like being on the beach without even leaving the city. The only thing missing is a little paper umbrella…

Ingredients: Pineapple (pineapple, sugar), apple, papaya (papaya, sugar), cranberry (sugar, cranberry, rice flour, sunflower oil), hibiscus, artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Davids semi-annual sale is going on now, and for the first time in quite a while, I’m not ordering anything! We’ll pretend that’s through extreme will power, and not just because I’ve tried most of their flavors at this point…Anyway, this tea is one that I received as a free sample in a previous order, and I liked it well enough that I ordered a tin the next time. It’s pretty light, tropical, and a little flowery. I like it, but not enough that I would buy it again. The main flavor is a fake pineapple.

tea-sipper

Oh man, so many things I want to buy in that sale… like those Nordic mugs! Must…resist…. buying…..

AJRimmer

Stay strong! :P there are a few items I considered, but not enough to get to the free shipping threshold, so I decided I’d wait for their next sale (especially since I still have an unopened Black Friday package from them!)

It tastes a lot like bubblegum~
I get notes of banana and white chocolate. It taste kind of artificial (think, tutti frutti) but there are undertones of ‘real’ flavors which help keep it from being too harsh.

Flavors: banana, Cocoa, Fruit Punch, Fruit Tree Flowers, Tropical, White Chocolate

I love Caribbean Crush! It’s the first fruity tea I ever tried from David’s and I’ve been hooked since. It’s so refreshing and honestly reminds me of Capri Sun juice in a way but so much better. I always cold brew it because it’s much better that way.

Iced

Yum! This tea kind of tastes like bubblegum! It’s very fruity without an acidic aftertaste.

Flavors: Candy, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Melon, Sugar

I just got back from the September long. I went camping up on Lake Winnipeg outside Gimli in Manitoba. I think this may be the first time I’ve sailed through the border both ways! This trip was balm to my soul. It was so nice to just lay around and chat with friends. One of them, a very dear woman that I see far too infrequently, gifted me with handmade cat toys and tea. She bought several of the Summer Refreshing Teas packs, which have 5 tins of fruit infusions.

I made this one tonight and have been sipping it while playing around on the internet. (I really MISSED having access over the long weekend, but I think it was good for me). This one is a little strange to me. It is sweet. Almost too sweet, but I don’t think it’s that Stevia sweetness.. On the other hand, the hibiscus has a zing to it. I have never liked hibiscus. So for me, this one is a miss, but it is tolerable. I may try it iced and see if I like it better that way.,

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 30 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML
gmathis

So glad you got a break! Sounds heavenly.(The break. The tea doesn’t sound so heavenly.)

Maddy Barone

There are five teas in the set, so I’ll find at least one that I love! And when I drink them I’ll think of my friend and get double enjoyment from it.

This tea is a bit too sweet for my tastes – much of the tea is comprised of candied fruit bits. If you like fruity teas with some sweetness to them I’d definitely give this a try! It has a nice tropical fruity flavor and steeps up a pretty pink due to the hibiscus in it. I would recommend this one iced.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 6 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

In-store sample

You know, it doesn’t seem to matter what the ingredients are in DT’s generic red teas. This is one of them and it tastes like some sort of crappy red gummy candy. Sorry, not impressed.

This is just as delicious iced at home as I knew it could be from that tiny store sample. It’s seriously like juice: cherry, maybe even strawberry, with a touch of coconut. It even made my picky stepsister happy (granted, she needed to sweeten it a little, but she’s a 14-year-old Starbucks addict so what can you do). Definitely hibiscus-y, but I love that. So glad they decided to come out with a mega tin in their summer collection this year!

Flavors: Hibiscus, Strawberry

Continuing to sample my panoply of new herbals and fruit blends. The weather has been chilly here, so it’s been great to have a warm drink at night.

This one has small chunks, rather than the normal big chunks. But I still over-chunked it slightly out of habit.

The dry mix smells very sweet and a little tart. It’s hard to discern the individual flavors in the smell of the dry mix.

After steeping I can’t really differentiate the flavors either, but it’s kind of nice that way. It’s rather like a fruit punch effect, like a nice Hawaiian Punch (if you’re old enough to remember that).

It is sweet, but at least my initial impression isn’t that it’s cloyingly so, and there’s a tartness in the finish and aftertaste that keeps it from being a mouth full ’o sugar.

I’m not sure I like it better than the Flamingo, but I like it as well in different ways.

Flavors: Fruit Punch, Fruity, Tart

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Got this as a recent sample. It is pleasantly bright and fruity, but doesn’t taste all that tropical. More flavor is coming through from the apples and cranberries than the pineapple and papaya.