Seaberry Spa

White Tea
Apple, Chamomile, Cranberries, Ginger, Lemon Balm, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours, Raspberry Leaves, Rosemary, Sea Buckthorn Berries, White Tea
Berry, Floral, Herbs, Fruity, Ginger, Licorice, Cranberry, Apple, Herbaceous, Flowers
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Kosher, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “A cup of this tea gets me excited to start my day! The calming and slightly floral smell is therapeutic all on its own. From the first sip to the last I can taste the light lemon, floral and berry...” Read full tasting note
  • “I normally don’t buy David’s Tea because I find they mostly make novelty tea blends rife with sweeteners and added flavouring. With that said, my mother is a big fan of their products and informed...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea smelt really good, but as I steeped it and tried it the ginger is coming out pretty strong which I’m not a fan of. I saw chamomile so I thought it would be a lighter tasting tea, but it’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is the second tea I polished off from the the gift box and it’s also surprisingly easy on the palate. Maybe I’ve become less snobby. Probably I’m just super sick of all the Starbucks and +5...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Ready for a spa getaway? Steeped in relaxing lemon balm, memory-boosting rosemary, skin-loving sea buckthorn and raspberry leaf – a women’s health essential – this subtly fruity white tea will leave your mind and body feeling gently rejuvenated. Plus its fresh apple and wildflower aroma is as soothing as it gets – like aromatherapy in cup. The only thing left to do? Throw on a facemask and bliss out.

Apple, white tea, ginger, lemon balm, licorice root, rosemary, raspberry leaves, cranberries, sea buckthorn, chamomile, sandy everlasting flower, natural flavouring.

Price per 50g: $10.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A cup of this tea gets me excited to start my day!

The calming and slightly floral smell is therapeutic all on its own. From the first sip to the last I can taste the light lemon, floral and berry taste. The tea contains low caffeine, so I really feel a subtle boost in energy rather than a jolt of energy, and that is much preferred in my opinion. This is the type of tea I could drink all day and not get tired of the flavors.
I would recommend this tea to anyone who loves a gentle cup of tea, and those who need a gentle and relaxing moment with a little bit of energy.

Unfortunately, this tea is retiring and so I will be on the search for a replacement.

Flavors: Berry, Floral, Herbs

I normally don’t buy David’s Tea because I find they mostly make novelty tea blends rife with sweeteners and added flavouring. With that said, my mother is a big fan of their products and informed me that they have an ongoing sale for 70% off discontinued blends. For that kind of discount I couldn’t say no to chipping in on an order.

The first product I’ve tried is called Seaberry Spa, which is a very fruity and fragrant white tea blend. In fact, I think there are more tisane and fruit ingredients than actual white tea in the pouch (does that make this herbal tea?). I’ve brewed this three times so far, both Western and gong fu, the former having a more desirable outcome (flavour didn’t evolve at all with gong fu), and once as iced tea as well.

The taste is actually pretty good, better than anticipated. For the longest time I was trying to figure out what it reminded me of until finally it hit me that this blend emulates classic fruity bubble gum, but with a hint of licorice and ginger thrown in. An interesting change from the pure/un-blended teas I normally drink, that’s for sure. It’s a very in-your-face kind of experience though, I think the added flavouring really adds a punch. As far as white tea goes though, this is nowhere close to as good as others I have in my collection. I think this really shines as an iced tea though, it’s just delicious and refreshing.

Would I buy this again? Probably not, but it’s certainly nice as a treat!

Flavors: Floral, Fruity, Ginger, Licorice

This tea smelt really good, but as I steeped it and tried it the ginger is coming out pretty strong which I’m not a fan of. I saw chamomile so I thought it would be a lighter tasting tea, but it’s quite pungent. Fruity yet gingery… and I’m not sure but it might be the licorice root that’s giving it a medicinal taste as well. I’ll finish what I have, but I won’t be buying this one.

Flavors: Cranberry, Fruity, Ginger, Licorice

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is the second tea I polished off from the the gift box and it’s also surprisingly easy on the palate. Maybe I’ve become less snobby. Probably I’m just super sick of all the Starbucks and +5 year old teas I’ve been drinking lately. Who knows?

This one claims to be a white tea but it’s more parts herbal. I steeped it at the temperature of a white tea with the time of a smooth, mellow herbal tea and that appears to have worked out well! I couldn’t determine if it was more fruity (cranberry + apple), floral (chamomile), or medicinal (licorice, rosemary, ginger). Maybe I’ll have to pick up more to investigate further.

Flavors: Apple, Cranberry, Floral, Herbs

180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more

Floral and generally fruity – more in an apple way than anything else, but not overly distinct. There is a faint licorice flavor in the finish, but it is very light and somehow works fine in this. (This is coming from someone who generally loathes anything licorice.) It’s rather odd, but I like it. It leaves my mouth feeling very astringent, “clean,” and dry, which I don’t care for today but I would probably like on another day. I suspect if I had this somewhere else (like a spa, perhaps?) I’d be all over it and wanting to order a pound of it. Having it at home, I like it and I’m glad I ordered it, I will finish the 2 ounces but I’m fine without having more of it.

Flavors: Apple, Floral, Fruity, Herbaceous, Licorice

I tried a sample of this hot in store today, and then used my free tea coupon for an iced cup to go. It was really nice hot, and iced. I had a bit of agave in my iced cup, and it’s just really nice. Unlike any other tea I’ve had. It has a light and floral taste to it, with hints of ginger and the berries. I think I will have to get some of this for home!

Flavors: Berry, Floral, Ginger

This is a great tea for Spring and Summer. Made this hot, was awesome. Can’t wait to try it iced. It’s unlike any other tea I’ve tasted, in a good way! Try it for yourself.

Flavors: Apple, Flowers, Fruity

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I decided to use my last free tea coupon to try this one iced at the store. The dry leaf smelled really good. I also really like the taste of it-I am going to have to stock up on some of this with the summer tea club. Tastes mostly like berries and floral to me. It is very refreshing.

Another recently retired tea.

I think this is one of those teas that is probably going to be retired without a lot of outcry/disappointment – it’s been pretty poorly received ever since it first came out and not a lot of people seem to be interested in it. It was a logic tea to retire. Personally, I’m quite upset because I think this blend is delicious and REALLY slept upon.

I think I’ve talked about this in prior tasting notes, but I have a theory that the bulk of the people who are REALLY into this tea are straight tea drinkers who have more of an appreciation for more delicate and nuanced blends that focus more on flavour pairing in a ‘conceptual’ way (verses very straight forward, flavour intense blends meant to recreate a specific flavour) OR people who have tried a very expansive amount of flavoured teas and might have a bit more of a developed palate because of that. That’s not a slight towards people who prefer those very commercial/flavour intense and forward blends that recreate specific flavour profile (ie. the “Cotton Candy” and “Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait” teas) – in fact those tea drinkers represent the majority of DT customer base. It’s because they’re the majority, though, that I think a blend like this didn’t work…

It doesn’t help that it didn’t have a STRONG direction/category that tea guides could bucket it in: “This is a fruity tea”, “This is a floral tea”, “This is a traditional tea”. It was a bit of everything, and not really fully anything.

Such a shame. I love this blend.

#justiceforseaberryspa