Seaberry Spa

White Tea
Apple, Chamomile, Cranberries, Ginger, Lemon Balm, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours, Raspberry Leaves, Rosemary, Sea Buckthorn Berries, White Tea
Cranberry, Fruity, Ginger, Licorice, Apple, Floral, Herbs, Herbaceous, Berry, Flowers
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Kosher, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “This tea smelt really good, but as I steeped it and tried it the ginger is coming out pretty strong which I’m not a fan of. I saw chamomile so I thought it would be a lighter tasting tea, but it’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is the second tea I polished off from the the gift box and it’s also surprisingly easy on the palate. Maybe I’ve become less snobby. Probably I’m just super sick of all the Starbucks and +5...” Read full tasting note
  • “Floral and generally fruity – more in an apple way than anything else, but not overly distinct. There is a faint licorice flavor in the finish, but it is very light and somehow works fine in this....” Read full tasting note
  • “I tried a sample of this hot in store today, and then used my free tea coupon for an iced cup to go. It was really nice hot, and iced. I had a bit of agave in my iced cup, and it’s just really...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Ready for a spa getaway? Steeped in relaxing lemon balm, memory-boosting rosemary, skin-loving sea buckthorn and raspberry leaf – a women’s health essential – this subtly fruity white tea will leave your mind and body feeling gently rejuvenated. Plus its fresh apple and wildflower aroma is as soothing as it gets – like aromatherapy in cup. The only thing left to do? Throw on a facemask and bliss out.

Apple, white tea, ginger, lemon balm, licorice root, rosemary, raspberry leaves, cranberries, sea buckthorn, chamomile, sandy everlasting flower, natural flavouring.

Price per 50g: $10.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea smelt really good, but as I steeped it and tried it the ginger is coming out pretty strong which I’m not a fan of. I saw chamomile so I thought it would be a lighter tasting tea, but it’s quite pungent. Fruity yet gingery… and I’m not sure but it might be the licorice root that’s giving it a medicinal taste as well. I’ll finish what I have, but I won’t be buying this one.

Flavors: Cranberry, Fruity, Ginger, Licorice

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is the second tea I polished off from the the gift box and it’s also surprisingly easy on the palate. Maybe I’ve become less snobby. Probably I’m just super sick of all the Starbucks and +5 year old teas I’ve been drinking lately. Who knows?

This one claims to be a white tea but it’s more parts herbal. I steeped it at the temperature of a white tea with the time of a smooth, mellow herbal tea and that appears to have worked out well! I couldn’t determine if it was more fruity (cranberry + apple), floral (chamomile), or medicinal (licorice, rosemary, ginger). Maybe I’ll have to pick up more to investigate further.

Flavors: Apple, Cranberry, Floral, Herbs

180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more

Floral and generally fruity – more in an apple way than anything else, but not overly distinct. There is a faint licorice flavor in the finish, but it is very light and somehow works fine in this. (This is coming from someone who generally loathes anything licorice.) It’s rather odd, but I like it. It leaves my mouth feeling very astringent, “clean,” and dry, which I don’t care for today but I would probably like on another day. I suspect if I had this somewhere else (like a spa, perhaps?) I’d be all over it and wanting to order a pound of it. Having it at home, I like it and I’m glad I ordered it, I will finish the 2 ounces but I’m fine without having more of it.

Flavors: Apple, Floral, Fruity, Herbaceous, Licorice

I tried a sample of this hot in store today, and then used my free tea coupon for an iced cup to go. It was really nice hot, and iced. I had a bit of agave in my iced cup, and it’s just really nice. Unlike any other tea I’ve had. It has a light and floral taste to it, with hints of ginger and the berries. I think I will have to get some of this for home!

Flavors: Berry, Floral, Ginger

This is a great tea for Spring and Summer. Made this hot, was awesome. Can’t wait to try it iced. It’s unlike any other tea I’ve tasted, in a good way! Try it for yourself.

Flavors: Apple, Flowers, Fruity

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I decided to use my last free tea coupon to try this one iced at the store. The dry leaf smelled really good. I also really like the taste of it-I am going to have to stock up on some of this with the summer tea club. Tastes mostly like berries and floral to me. It is very refreshing.

It definitely saddens me that this tea isn’t super widely popular because I think it’s such a unique and well balanced offering from DT – something a little outside of the typical type of blend they release, and I want to reward teas like that…

I have a theory about this tea though:

The bulk of people who shop at DT are definitely new(er) tea drinkers and people with less tea exposure and quite often they gravitate towards very flavourful blends that are easy to grasp concepts and direct recreations of familiar flavours – Hot Chocolate, Cotton Candy, Silk Dragon Jasmine, etc. They don’t tend to enjoy this tea so much. On the flip side, people who have a great degree of tea exposure and who lean more towards straight/traditional or more nuanced/layered flavour profile seem to enjoy this tea more. I think that’s because it’s pretty well balanced, and dips its toes into being a bit fruity, a bit floral, a bit savory – but not really strongly one or the other.

It’s a flavoured tea for straight tea drinkers – one of those weird “transitional” kind of teas that rides the cusp of flavoured and more craft/layered/nuanced ‘fancy teas’.

Which is just not (the bulk of) the DT demographic…

Flavors: Cranberry, Floral, Herbaceous

Evol Ving Ness

hmm, thanks for pointing that out, Ms. Strange. I might give it a wee whirl if it is still around.

CrowKettle

Yeah, I wish this blend was better known and loved too. I was pleasantly surprised by it, and never would’ve tried it if it weren’t part of a giftbox from one of my coworkers (everyone at our office who tried it liked it too)!Thanks for the reminder to pick up more sometime! :)

Evol Ving Ness

Gah! Today would’ve been a good day to do this to benefit from the 2x FS point offer. Gah and gah again!