2008 Yunnan Bulang Mountain Cheng Chun Aged Aroma Ripe Puer Tea

Bitter, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 8 g 4 oz / 120 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is a fairly tasty ripe from Berylleb King Tea with some good and some bad points. There was almost no fermentation flavor to this tea. It was around the fourth steep I noticed that I really...” Read full tasting note

From Ebay Berylleb King Tea

Product description not available yet.

About Ebay Berylleb King Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

This is a fairly tasty ripe from Berylleb King Tea with some good and some bad points. There was almost no fermentation flavor to this tea. It was around the fourth steep I noticed that I really hadn’t noticed any fermentation taste. It was fairly bitter in the early steeps. Not particularly sweet. This bitterness faded after about four steeps. There was also what I would describe as a negative note in the early steeps of this tea. I simply describe it as a negative note because I didn’t pin it down. I don’t know how to describe it. It did develop a sweet flavor in later steeps. Overall I liked this tea but there were some bad points to it. I would recommend anyone considering this tea buy a sample size first.

I steeped this eight times in a 120ml gaiwan with 8.4g leaf and boiling water. I gave it a 10 second rinse and a 10 minute rest. I steeped it for 5 sec, 5 sec, 7 sec, 10 sec, 15 sec, 20 sec, 25 sec, and 30 sec. While I stopped because I had had enough caffeine, had I wanted to continue I’m sure I would have gotten a few more good steeps out of it. The tea was not finished.

Flavors: Bitter, Sweet