Ali Mountain Oolong

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by GoldenTLeaf

From Golden Tea Leaf Co.

Ali Mountain Oolong is grown around 1000m above sea level on the mountains in Taiwan. Hand harvested, processed, and crafted. Enjoy a delicate yet robust floral note with this tea. A sweet and smooth aftertaste lingers on the palate long after the last sip. This tea brews to a beautiful golden liquor, and can be infused easily over 6 times.

Available only in loose form.

Benefits: Aid in weight loss, fat loss, reduce cholesterol, stabilize blood sugar.

About Golden Tea Leaf Co. View company

This tea was really good. The flavor is mild and to me gets better with each steep. The tea is smooth and has little bitterness even after being brewed multiple times. I definitely would recommend this tea to drink.

Man was I lucky to get 50 grams of this….of course I’m going to finish it in a week. I really can’t thank the company enough for offering this oolong. After the long quest for the perfect floral and creamy jade oolong..this ALMOST hit the marks I wanted.

I was surprised that this tea needed to be brewed western to open up. The texture was very milky and thick while the flavor was light and aromatic. Many of the reviews describe this tea as particularly sweet and creamy, but it did not have the sweet honey note that I associate with this variety. That was the mark I was hoping to hit, but it could have been a result of brewing. I also wonder when this tea was harvested, though it has a few qualities that remind me of a winter oolong.

I’ve used 5 grams and I’ve used three grams for 6 ounces of water-both steeping in 30 seconds for the heavier leafed sessions and three minutes for the lighter sessions. The texture was mostly the same for both with the heavier gong fu attempt being crowded by the milky sensation. The western brew was more balanced, but I was left wanting more from the flavor. The florals, however, hit the lilac-plumeria combo I love with a cream like body, albeit one like unsweetened thick whipping cream. This quality keeps me coming back to this tea because of how I deeply associate those florals with my childhood in Hawaii. Best of all, there was absolutely NO bitterness or astringency.

While I was pickier and more hopeful with this tea, I still thoroughly enjoyed it and was thoroughly impressed with how close to milk the texture and taste. The changing and ever comforting florals also impressed me. I think that it will keep me in good company for the short time I have it.

What a wonderful tea! Soooo sweet after taste

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 350 ML

This Ali Mountain Oolong tastes mellow and the sweet after taste lasts long

Flavors: Flowers

195 °F / 90 °C 2 min, 45 sec 4 g 12 OZ / 350 ML
Cindy

So I tried to order this tea about 2 weeks ago, and learned that this batch I tasted is almost sold out.

This is good. Really really good. I fell in love with this at first sip. Then I had to do it all over again the next day. Seriously, this is not just because I am the company that sells this tea. This is my kind of tea. Our tea farmer hand roasted this tea just over 7 times, and yet the result is …wow. wow. you know that sometimes, you drink a tea, and immediately you can tell when it is good. It’s that feeling. Will I drink this everyday ? Honestly, no. Because seriously, I am addicted to my Puerh. But I would drink this tea may be 2 to 3 times per week. or whenever my friends come over, and we need a good tea that we can brew many many times over conversation.

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Sweet