Goji Power

Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

From Hotcups

Ingredients: Goji Berries, star anise, hibiscus, rose hip
Ingrédients: baies de Goji, anis étoilé, hibiscus,
églantier

GOJI POWER This delicious and healthy blend is made from dried goji, hibiscus and hints of star anise. It’s tangy when you sip it hot and smooth when icy cold.

Ce mélange délicieux et sain est composé de goji séché, d’hibiscus et de notes d’anis étoilé. C’est acidulé quand vous le sirotez chaud et lisse quand il fait froid.

About Hotcups View company

1 Tasting Note

Cold Brew!

This is what I’m currently drinking while I work on these tasting notes, and I feel mixed about it to be honest. The dry leaf aroma was so deliciously enticing to me – very sweet and deep black licorice/anise in a way that reminded me of the bowl of black licorice jelly beans that my Grandpa used to keep next to his recliner to nibble on when he watched the Jays game. I swear, I was his only grand child that actually enjoyed them – black licorice is just good! Point blank.

The taste of this is a lot. to take in. The different flavours are just so packed in that from the first flicker of flavour to the aftertaste there’s no respite from the whiplash of contrasting flavours. At first, it’s sweet and sticky black licorice with a hint of cinnamon in the undertones – delicious, divine, and distinct. From there, it’s an assault of abrasively sharp and sour hibiscus. The contrast from that sweet anise to the highly acidic hibiscus is cacophonous without some sort of bridge flavour or smooth transition in sip. I don’t enjoy the two combined, and it makes me long to return to the anise top notes. Thankfully, the finish is a shadow of lingering sweetness that taunts you back into another sip…

And then the rollercoaster ride repeats.

Mastress Alita

I have a similar story about my Grandpa! He kept a bag of black licorice jelly beans in the side pocket of his recliner chair, and he thought he was clever having a candy none of the grandkids would swipe………. except for me. I loved them and always snuck them out of his chair pocket, hahaha!