Thé des Impressionnistes

Green Tea
Floral, Vanilla, Marshmallow, Citrus, Creamy, Jasmine, Lavender
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Mariage Frères

In the wild, rocky, maritime region of Provence in southern France, nature’s shimmering colours create rare and intense harmonies that delighted Impressionist artists.

This green tea, scented with mild spices and white flowers, is also dotted with mauve flowers as a visual echo of the dazzling and powerful fragrance that fills the mouth.

A colourful tea.

For a 6-8 oz. cup, use 1 1/2 teaspoon and bring water to 175 F boil. Infuse for 2 minutes.

About Mariage Frères View company

Well aren’t you pretty!?
You smell nice too!
Are you meeting someone!?
Oh how FAB!
What’s that you say!?
This person you are to meet is TeaEqualsBliss!?
Well, you found her!
Thank the tea gods for you!
You are a darling! A Gem!
A Delight!
Floral and Sweet!
What a joy to be around!
So glad we’ve met!

Cofftea

Abosolutely. Love it. LOL:)

JacquelineM

I am so very swooning over all of the Mariage Freres teas you are getting to taste!!!

LENA

lol…very cute!

TeaEqualsBliss

teahee – Cofftea & LENA – I know, I know…total randomness sometimes I just have to type whatever pops in my head first…lol…

@ JacquelineM – I received them in the mail today!!!! :) I’m very grateful. I don’t have it anywhere locally!!!

inguna

Thé des Impressionistes – the title alone sounds fabulous :)

Please keep things friendly and .

Okay, so I had a pot of this today, and it’s a little too perfumey and handcreamy for a whole pot, at least that early in the morning.

I’m mostly posting this to screenshot what happens – there’s a bug that shows the most popular note for the tea rather than the new note upon posting. Let’s go bugfix!

Anna

Ysaurella, the most pointless tasting note in the universe would like to thank you for your support.

Ysaurella

lol look at mine ! I had some issues with Steepster as well so fully understand and support ;)

Christina / BooksandTea

Woot! What’s their response time like for user reports? I emailed them about a tea having duplicate pages, but I don’t think it’s been addressed yet.

Anna

Hm, I think the response time is completely dependent on what else they’re doing – this particular issue was discussed at length in the forum thread for the new tea page where Jason addressed questions and concerns yesterday. That took about two months, though.

Please keep things friendly and .

Oooo this is interesting. I can’t remember the last time I had green tea but this one looks so pretty I couldn’t resist. It’s almost like experiencing a deconstructed tea – it’s a sweet floral and the floral is kind of the top note, it’s loose, almost like a spray of perfume and then comes a sweetness that just settles. Perhaps I’m reaching but this reminds me exactly of an impressionist painting – small touches of different things you can taste separately. Sophisticated.

Please keep things friendly and .

a dear friend brought this tea back from Paris for me. i love it. it’s subtle & delicate without any bitterness.

Please keep things friendly and .

I had stopped cracking open new green teas during the holiday break because I had a lot of black teas I wanted to taste — and since I didn’t have to sleep well during the break (though I did, fortunately) I spent a lot of time on them.

But now it’s back to work, and back to green tea sipdowns.

This is a reminder to myself (not that anyone else would be interested) that my current note process is: initial tasting note and sipdown note. In between, I typically don’t write notes unless I’m really moved by something different that happens in the taste of the tea or in a connection I make between the tea and something else in my life or the world at large.

In the initial note, I give detailed impressions of experiencing the tea for the first time. Usually for oolongs I’ll take them through multiple steeps (and if I ever get around to my pu erhs the same will apply). In the sipdown note, I sum up my impressions over the course of experiencing the tea, including whether I intend to buy more.

As a practical matter, I try to time initial tastings for when I have time to write the aforementioned detailed notes, which means weekends or holidays. During the week, I just drink what I’ve already written an initial note on.

Since I drink a lot of green tea during the week, I’d gotten into the habit of cracking open new ones during the weekend so I could write initial notes at my leisure. Resuming that trend now.

In the tin, this has dark scent. Darkly vanilla, with some floral around the edges. It’s a beautiful tea to look at.

The aroma is a perfumey vanilla, like Shalimar perfume. It’s a beany vanilla, which I prefer. There’s a floral note, but for me, anyway, it’s minor. The tea is golden yellow and clear.

The flavor is unexpectedly refreshing for a non-citrus flavored green tea. There’s a freshness in the mouth that must come from the tea itself. My sense is the underlying tea has a grassiness that cuts what might otherwise be cloying aspects of the flavor.

It also has that French thing going for it.

I’m rating it on the high side mostly because I was so pleasantly surprised by what this tea wasn’t.

Flavors: Floral, Vanilla

teepland

I like your process for doing two notes per tea—the initial tasting and the final sipdown. Since teas can change quite a bit from your first sip to your last, that makes a lot of sense.

__Morgana__

Agreed, and that’s pretty much why I arrived at this system.

Please keep things friendly and .

I got this tea based on how pretty it looked, and the description. I thought if I got this tea, I would get so inspired to do something. Would this release my inner Monet?

Instead, it tastes like marshmallows. I love marshmallows, seared to almost black over a campfire. I am not a fan when that flavor is mixed with flowers and green tea. I got 100g, and I will most likely be ridding of it to friends. It’s just so sweet. I didn’t like it iced or hot. I just couldn’t get myself to drink much of it.

Flavors: Floral, Marshmallow

k22

Hey! Do you ever swap Mariage Freres tea? I’ve got some Marco Polo left but don’t love it. I’m in NY.

Mel

I still have a pound of Marco Polo! I do love it. And I am also through all my Mariage Freres tea. I have Marco Polo and Rouge Provence left, maybe another rooibos. I actually gave this tea away a month ago. I do have a huge amount of tea, most along from Teavivre.

Please keep things friendly and .

Pardon me while I sit here and silently weep into my cup.

These are not tears of sadness, rather these are tears of happiness and relief tinged with bittersweet feelings since I know eventually this cup of tea will eventually come to an end. Aptly named, this tea is a work of art. The aroma is intoxicating.

Immediately I am drawn in by the subtle scent of Jasmine, lavender, and vanilla wafting towards me. The liquid is a beautiful pale gold color. I was almost disappointed by the first sip because it felt weak in comparison to the scents engulfing my nose, but then the flavors bloomed on my tongue and I was overjoyed and hooked. Fields of lavender, creamy waves of vanilla, pearls of jasmine, and a hint of citrus in the aftertaste…

It’s complex and delicate and aromatic and everything I could have wanted in a tea. Alas, parting is such sweet sorrow. Time to make another cup

Flavors: Citrus, Creamy, Floral, Jasmine, Lavender, Marshmallow, Vanilla

1908 tasting notes

GCTTB
The scent of this dry tea is of sweet vanilla cream, but when I poured in the water the distinct smell of lavender curled up and out of the cup. The flavour is pleasent mix of the two, and there’s also a faint berry-like flavour that goes nicely with the creamy vanilla. The lavender is just the right amount to give the blend a bit of spicy without being too pungent.

Please keep things friendly and .

A friend shared this with me today. It had been given to her by someone else so I’m really not sure how old it was.
Whatever the case, I had seen reviews before and thought it may be too permfumey. But alas! it was lovely. A tad bit on the heavy side but quite manageable.
So very smooth n silky. The liquid seemed to float down my throat (and yes I know that makes no sense. and yes the image in my head is quite magical/disneyish. Singing birds and all)
Lots of layered vanilla notes, and something floral I couldn’t place. At times I tasted citrus notes but they were so fleeting that I really wasn’t sure if it was my imagination.
An absolute perfect tea for afternoon chatting.

Please keep things friendly and .

I absolutely love this tea. I went on a mini tea shopping spree today and got this one at Selfridges and White White Cocoa at T2. A very good day.

This tea tastes really familiar to me, like I’ve been drinking this kind of tea for years now… only I can’t think of what tea it could possibly be of the ones I have. I think maybe it’s just my head playing tricks on me. Whatever it is, though, it is just a remarkably soothing, gently sweet tea without a trace of bitterness or anything else that’s not lovely. I don’t really know which notes and such I was tasting – will have to do round two for that. All I know is that it is utterly delicious. So there.