2011 Menghai Dayi "snow rhyme".

Pu-erh Tea
Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I am cheating tonight and taking an easy way out in the cup. Long days take the toll on time. I pulled this out to try again. I didn’t put anything other than a mental note on it last time. It...” Read full tasting note

From Menghai Tea Factory (Dr Tea, AliExpress)

Make: Menghai tea factorySite: Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture Menghai Menghai town teaManufacturers Contact :0691 -5122645Ingredients: Yunnan large-leafed drying green teaLong-term dry warehouse storage methods: ventilated, cool, dry and odor-free, pollution-free environmentShelf life: 9999999999999999999999999 daysFood Additives: NonePackage: BagsBrand: Great BenefitsSeries: Specifications: SPDA11XYSpecifications: 100gWeight (g): 100Pu’er production process: raw tea

About Menghai Tea Factory (Dr Tea, AliExpress) View company

1 Tasting Note

I am cheating tonight and taking an easy way out in the cup. Long days take the toll on time. I pulled this out to try again. I didn’t put anything other than a mental note on it last time. It breaks off in about 8 gram chunks from the square brick. I gave it a good 20 second rinse and let it set about 20 minutes.
First steep of about 20 seconds, I actually do 3 steeps for my cup. It takes a while to even color the water well. It is a bit cloudy in the cup. More sweet than astringent as the last time. Pale yellow/gold color. It has aged a bit in the pumidor a tad bit darker in the brew and the brick.
Not terribly punchy or strong but more like a green tea. Small lea so definitely a plantation bush. I did see a couple of whole leafs in there although small and most were chopped to make pressing easier. A decent tea yes , not as good as the others I have drank lately but acceptable. I guess the convenience factor in the little squares you break off can make it worth it sometimes.
A little bit of fruit almost like a slight ripe banana and a semi-sweet finish.
Nice convenience factor.