Silver Tips White Tea

White Tea
Dry Grass, Straw
Edit tea info Last updated by Tamarindel

From Nepali Tea Traders

Product description not available yet.

About Nepali Tea Traders View company

Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Seven- Tea #44
I haven’t had this sort of white tea in a while. Wow. I remember the fuzzies on this sort of white tea would have ruined the tea for me in the past, but not anymore (or possibly not with this tea)? I don’t know if it is because I have matured as a tea drinker or if this is just a very high quality tea (possibly both.) The tea is very sweet and light. But I love to balance the sweetness and light out with having a darker tea throughout the day also.
Steep #1 // 2 teaspoons for a full mug// 30 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // 25 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep

Way old backlog.

This was a solid white silver needle-esque white tea that is incredibly floral and herby. If I brewed it longer or with more leaves, this had a sweet potatoe malt against its overall wheat and hay like dryness. Its dryness is what threw me a curve ball especially if it got astringent, but if I brewed with a bit more delicately with 2-3 grams of leaves, it was a good balance with the dryer qualities with a hint of the softer profiles popping out. There was some melon notes here in there, but melon is one of those weird ass notes to start with anyway.

My criticism is that this tea was dryer and herby than the usual white. I am so glad to have tried it, but I think I’ll stick to Kenya and Fujian until I have another Himalayan or Nepali tea that wows me-which I know will probably happen. This is also more for a tea snob who knows what they are looking for, or for someone expanding their palette.

A nice, lite grassy tea. Made with the hot water spigot at work and small gaiwan. 30 Second steep. Neither the water nor tea was measured, just eyeballed.

Flavors: Dry Grass, Straw

White tea will never be my favorite, but silver tips white tea seems better than most. It doesn’t taste so strongly of hay. There’s almost a light muscatel note here, plus a combination of sweet and savory notes. Re-steeped well.

Well, the wet leaf of this tea smells vile, but that’s really not unique. In fact, I think I’ve had another tea from this very company whose wet leaf smelled like rotten hot dogs.

FORTUNATELY, the brew neither smells nor tastes like rotten hot dogs. The brew smells sweet, like gentle spring flowers. Peonies? I have no idea if peonies bloom in the spring, but just go with it. Don’t shatter my bubble. Maybe some honey in there, but mostly the flowers.

I don’t have a lot of experience with whites, so I don’t know what I am supposed to expect. The brew is sweet and floral. I’m not really familiar with the individual scents of flowers, but I’m feeling pink ones. Shall we stick with peonies? There’s also a little funk, which reminds me of a green tea. Perhaps some sweet snap peas?

I think this might be a tea best enjoyed in the spring.

Fjellrev

Ugh, come to think of it, I swear I’ve had a tea that smelled like hot dogs too and I’m wondering if it was a white tea.

Rasseru

I’ve got white tea that in the bag smells like sweaty socks :)