Currant Conversation

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

From Plum Deluxe

Looking for a conversation starter? We’ve got one right here with this great blend – widely considered the best black currant tea, with vanilla. It’s elegance in a cup, a wonderful balance of woodsy vanilla and tart fruit.

This blend relies on its simplicity. The base is a fresh, earthy, and grounding Formosa oolong tea from Taiwan. Our favorite vanilla extract helps bring out the layers of floral notes in the oolong, while rose hips and black currant add wonderful highlights of sweet-tart fruitiness. It’s invigorating and calming at the same time. We can’t decide if we like it more hot or iced, so you’ll have to try both.

About Plum Deluxe View company

1 Tasting Note

Thank you to Plum Deluxe for the tea samples!

This was, by far, my absolute favourite of the teas you provided – I love berry flavoured teas, and you certainly delivered in that department! Currant is a flavour that is so wildly hit or miss; when it’s good it’s good (especially black currant) but when it’s bad then it’s like drinking cough syrup. So medicinal!

This was lively and sweet though, with a jammy blackcurrant flavour that felt rich and full of life without being heavy or sickly/cloying. The entire time I drank the mug, all I could think about was how incredible this would have tasted with a nice, buttery scone! The flavour, while being excellent as a stand alone, also just feels perfectly inspired for afternoon tea “British style”.

Love, love, love!

I’m going to have no issues sipping through any of the teas you provided, but this is one where I’m going to have to come back for more once I do.