Lazy Morning Oolong

Oolong Tea
Oolong
Baked Bread, Butter, Cream, Floral, Green Apple, Green Bell Peppers, Jasmine, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by Daylon R Thomas

From Renegade Tea Estate

Balancing between green and oolong tea, Lazy Morning is the greenest among our oolong teas. Also, our team’s absolute favourite amongst oolong teas from 2019. The smell takes you to the fresh and sweet aromas of spring – a lot of lilacs and jasmine. The taste combines a bouquet of lilacs with a nice sweetness.

If before starting this journey none of us knew much about oolongs, then by now we are all smitten with this genre of teas- so many varieties and possibilities to test! Lazy Morning is the first test by us to make an oolong tea closer to green teas and to be honest- we love it. Like we love those rare lazy mornings ;)
NB! Tea will be ready for shipping in the second part of June 2021!

About Renegade Tea Estate View company

I will likely amp up the rating in the future, but I’m giving it the “This is seriously good tea rating not quite a staple; still exceptional rating” of 88. I also did find myself craving it because it’s fresh without being too grassy, but smooth and easy to drink when I’ve already had too much tea and caffeine. Tulips,jasmine hints, florals, cream, a little bit of apple/citric acidity and sweetness, and zucchini/squash buttery greenness.

I had this immediately after an Alishan, and the profile is pretty damn close. I see myself coming back again, and it did surprise me with a 5th steep I didn’t expect. You really have to be generous with the leaf and precise with the brewing to get the right flavor profiles gong fu. That means I will probably finish this one faster before it’s expiration date.

I don’t think I’ve quite pushed the limits on this one yet, though I think I’ve got the majority of the profile the tea will offer. There could be more notes on this one, but I think I’ve written enough for now. It’s my goal to come back to teas that I say I’ll write about in the future and actually follow through with my promises.