I kind of feel like that should be enough said? Realistically it’s just not though: especially when this is my second tomato tea this summer. I actually quite like the other tomato tea I have though; it’s very fruity in addition to having that umami tomato element. I think that’s why it works for me. This one? Definitely more of a savory flavour profile…
I made this up at work: here are the notes I scrawled down on the cup…
- SO WEIRD!!!
- In a way it tasted just like very bland/REALLY watered down tomato soup
- Salty/umami for sure, but with an underlying sweetness?
- And then it had this strange apple quality too that reminded me of cider
- Tomato Cider!? That probably just shouldn’t be a thing
- The more I sipped on it the more I liked it; though there was no point where I loved it
- Would be good for cooking though: as like a soup stock?
Also, obviously, it’s kind of inspiried by the Caesar cocktail so you could definitely find a way to incorporate it into that type of cocktail. Hit it with a splash of vodka and a pinch of Lapsang Souchong!? That’d probably be really nice… if I actually liked Caesars.