Tomato, Basil and Black Pepper Green Tea

Green Tea
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

Tasting Notes

There aren't any tasting notes for this tea yet.

From 52teas

For those of you who have been fans of 52Teas for several years now, you may remember the Tomato, Basil & Black Pepper Black Tea that I reblended about two years ago. It was a reblend of Frank’s version, which he called LiberTEAS Tomato Basil & Black Pepper Black Tea – because I was the one who inspired the tea.

Back when I was originally pestering Frank to create the blend, I had envisioned a green tea – not a black tea. He convinced me to try it as a black tea instead, and I really loved that tea – but I still wanted to try a green tea version of it. Now that I’m the one doing this Mad Tea Artist thing, I decided it was time to try it!

I started with a base of organic Chinese Green teas: Gunpowder, Chun Mee and Yun Wu. To this I added freeze-dried tomatoes, basil, and black peppercorns (as well as some Indian long pepper).

If you enjoyed the black tea version, I think you’ll appreciate this lighter green tea version of the tea. It offers a very pleasing balance between sweet and savory and I find it to be a perfect tea for summer.

organic ingredients: green teas, tomatoes, basil, black peppercorns, long pepper & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Tasting Notes

There aren't any tasting notes for this tea yet.