Jin Xuan Premium Winter Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Mackie
205 °F / 96 °C

1 Tasting Note View all

• “So many new things for me in this one tea, first Thai harvest tea, first winter oolong, plus its been a long time since ive had one of my first tea loves, Jin Xuan. The leaves are tightly balled,...” Read full tasting note

From Tea Side

Jin Xuan Oolong Premium, Winter harvest of TTES #12.

Growing Region: Doi Mae Salong, Chiang Rai province, northern Thailand. 1400 meters.

Appearance: Hight mountain oolong, semi-spherical shape, lightly roasted, lightly fermented, picked by hands.

This is not just a winter harvest of ordinary Jin Xuan oolong. This is a special successful kind of Jin Xuan from one of our organic tea manufacturers.

Taste: In the foreground is bright and juicy berry caramel. This tea is highly recommended to Taiwanese Oolong fans. Soft, rounded taste, incredibly sweet and buttery. Pear, dairy cream, berry caramel and orchid are the main notes of this tea. The aftertaste is sweet and floral. Moreover, this is achieved by a light roasting and fermentation. No red water tones. It is also interesting here that this oolong tea is very unique and does not repeat Taiwanese line in taste. Something a bit like a high-quality Shui Xian of light fire.

About Tea Side View company

1 Tasting Note

So many new things for me in this one tea, first Thai harvest tea, first winter oolong, plus its been a long time since ive had one of my first tea loves, Jin Xuan. The leaves are tightly balled, more closely resembling an Anxi style oolong than a taiwanese one. Not super bright coloured.

In my warm gaiwan, it smells like a mi lan xiang, mango/lychee, with some darker tones.

After the rinse, it’s become even more like a dancong, mango, deep cherry, strawberry even, its just a fruity delicious, vibrant smelling tea and I can’t wait to drink it.

Brewing at 95C, 60ml gaiwan full of wet leaf.

Okay picture a flavour profile somewhere between a ya shi and a mi lan xiang, with a smooth creamy mouthfeel, and then a lingering aftertaste of like rich caramel. Wow. Okay honestly, I chose this one to do first because I had the least hope for it out of all of them, if this is this incredible I can’t wait to dig into the rest of the samples tea side sent me, it’s coated my entire palate in this amazing caramelly, cherry, strawberry vanilla beautiful fruity mess. There’s a throat feel that’s like nothing I’ve ever experienced. it’s really syrupy and like a.. diet coke feeling, just.. after its gone flat and such. Anyways this is beautiful. This is one of those teas that.. every time I swallow, coats my entire throat in its oils.
The smooth, creamy mouthfeel is probably coming from the Jin Xuan varietal, and it feels a tad out of place, but that’s probably just because I’m essentally thinking of it as though it is a dancong and it’s.. not being one.

As the leaves have unfurled, the flavours are smoothing out, it has a slight astringency and a bit of a minerally greenness

I’ve never had anything like this. It’s breathtaking

205 °F / 96 °C