Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I made this one iced again and it turned out very differently. I may have steeped it a little too long. It was still very refreshing and fruit-filled but it finished a little peppery. It also had a...” Read full tasting note
  • “My initial view of this tea may be a bit skewed since I just downed a chipotle chocolate chip cookie. The tea makes me sad that it isn’t rhubarb season any longer. The rhubarb is the champion when...” Read full tasting note
  • “I think I’m just about ready to give up on my quest for a great (or even good) rhubarb tea. I tried this one hot and cold-steeped, and in neither iteration could I taste anything really...” Read full tasting note
  • “TeaGschwender sent this over with my small order months ago. I’ve ALWAYS wanted to try it from the earliest days I was on Steepster and saw this blend. Steepster certainly hasn’t helped my tea...” Read full tasting note

From TeaGschwendner

The intensities of sweet raspberry and sour rhubarb tamed by fine vanilla. Contains green teas from Ceylon and Indonesia, apple pieces, natural flavor, and raspberry and rhubarb pieces.

About TeaGschwendner View company

I made this one iced again and it turned out very differently. I may have steeped it a little too long. It was still very refreshing and fruit-filled but it finished a little peppery. It also had a distinct horseradish aftertaste. This may sound a bit unappetizing at first but I had this with a cold salad containing slices of beef and it was actually a perfect compliment to the meal.

LiberTEAS

actually, it doesn’t sound unappetizing at all… I love horseradish. Not something I ever really thought of for a tea, but, I would definitely try it.

My initial view of this tea may be a bit skewed since I just downed a chipotle chocolate chip cookie. The tea makes me sad that it isn’t rhubarb season any longer. The rhubarb is the champion when you first smell this tea with the raspberry creeping up faintly behind it. The color is that of a traditional green tea and once the steeping has finished the wonderful sweet smell is nearly gone. Though while you sip the smell slightly charges and reminds you of whats to come. Once again the rhubarb rules this tea as you drink it. At first you get that slight earthy green tea tone quickly followed by the slightly bitter sweetness of the rhubarb. Overall a very enjoyable tea, though I suspect that once the heated treat I just recently consumed fades away the teas flavor will stand out even more.

I think I’m just about ready to give up on my quest for a great (or even good) rhubarb tea. I tried this one hot and cold-steeped, and in neither iteration could I taste anything really identifiable as rhubarb, raspberry, or vanilla—just some vague fruity/sweet notes piled on top of a rather vegetal base. There was an unpleasant chemical note to it, as well, which reminded me of my unfortunate run-in with DF’s The des Marquises recently.

Interestingly, when I forgot to take my brew basket out of the cold steep and accidentally let it go for 12+ hours, the chemical taste was much reduced (as opposed to the 6-hour mark, when it was still going strong). I still got an odd combination of vegetal base plus muddled fruits, but it wasn’t entirely unpleasant.

I think this was my first blend from TeaG—my parents went to Chicago a few weeks back and were kind enough to pick it up for me—and I can’t say it was everything I’d hoped for. Still, their Earl Grey, which my parents also brought back, is nice enough that I’m still looking forward to trying some more of their stuff in the future.

Cindy

Boulder Blues from The Tea Spot is amazing its a great Strawberry Rhubarb Green tea!

TeaGschwender sent this over with my small order months ago. I’ve ALWAYS wanted to try it from the earliest days I was on Steepster and saw this blend. Steepster certainly hasn’t helped my tea addiction! This blend is great, as I imagined it would be. I love rhubarb teas! Also included, apple and raspberry all on a base of fresh sencha green. There should also be some vanilla but that doesn’t make an appearance as much as I would like. The flavor is fresh and fruity, plenty of rhubarb with hints of raspberry and sweetness from the apple. Tasty with a sencha base.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug// 25 minutes after boiling // 2-3 minute steep
Steep #2 // 25 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep