Ahimsa Veda

Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Martin Bednář
205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 10 oz / 300 ml

3 Images

• “My brother wished for a tea. I showed him a pack of teakruthi and told him, it should be similar to his box for Christmas (which he keeps in the office, but he’s rather working from home recently)....” Read full tasting note
  • “Why do they call Star Anise, Star Anise? Because it’s shaped like a star? NO. Because it is the star of the show! This is a star anise tisane with green tea. Sorry green tea you are a sidekick...” Read full tasting note

From teakruthi

Inspire a new level of self-love in your life with our Ahimsa Veda tea infusion, a rewarding beverage that’s part of our Veda ‘healing’ range. Inspired by the science of Ayurveda, this infusion brings the healing of Green tea together with a complement of herbs to help you detox. This infusion features three powerful ingredients that will help give yourself the self-care you deserve. Rich with antioxidants, both Star Anise and Mint combine to fight the free radicals that age your body while working to inhibit the growth of bacteria that your body doesn’t need. Adding a sweet note to this tea, Lemon Grass also has antifungal properties. Enjoy the aroma of fresh peppermint and the minty herbal flavour while detoxing your body.

About teakruthi View company

My brother wished for a tea. I showed him a pack of teakruthi and told him, it should be similar to his box for Christmas (which he keeps in the office, but he’s rather working from home recently). He decided for this one, used two teaspoons and I decided to try it as well. Also two teaspoons, for typical 300 ml. He complained about his upset stomach and wished that this tea will help him. I said that it should! But his choice was completely random!

Anyway, prepared as teakruthi suggests; so long, 9 minutes steep.

I have to agree with SkySamurai, star anise is indeed the star here. I can’t notice green tea at all; there is lemongrass note strong too, quite herbal, but overall… it works. Lemon? Yeeeah, it is here too. Lemongrass and lemon balm. Indeed both.

Good for intended profile — cleanse. But not really sure about the flavour profile. Again quite a unbalanced — way too much star anise, little of actual tea. Could be worse, especially as of cleaning/detox blends!

Song pairing (and article): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwtdhWltSIg; https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/r-e-m-losing-my-religion-story-behind-song

Flavors: Anise, Herbs, Lemongrass

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

Why do they call Star Anise, Star Anise? Because it’s shaped like a star? NO. Because it is the star of the show! This is a star anise tisane with green tea. Sorry green tea you are a sidekick here. You round the cup out nicely along with the lemon friends. But for the most part, everything is about Star anise. I’m feeling cleansed.