Jasmine Silver Needle White Tea

White Tea
Jasmine
Bitter, Rice, Sweet, Floral, Jasmine, Cut grass, Honey, Tea, Flowers, Honeysuckle, Tannin
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by jjmflynn

From Teavana

Featuring the young of white tea buds and scented five times with summery blossoms of fresh jasmine, this tea is a phenomenon of fragrance and sweetness. The delicate jasmine floral notes are the perfect complement to the lush natural sweetness embodied in our fresh Silver Needle buds. Jasmine teas have a rich history and a loyal following among tea enthusiasts.

Sweet & subtle white tea taste with elegant floral Jasmine finish.

About Teavana View company

I like this tea. It has a nice jasmine scent and it has a mild flavor. It can be steeped tons of times and it is not very picky.

This tea is great if you like jasmine scent. I enjoy this tea steep after steep, or blended with a citrus. I find it to be one of Teavana’s better teas.

It is a very enjoyable tea, especially if you want to not have a caffeine-heavy tea. White tea is one of the least processed, unlike black teas, so I really enjoy it for a night tea. It first tastes a bit bitter but then becomes sweet, with a slight aftertaste of rice. It has a nice cooling effect, which works wonders in the summer.

Flavors: Bitter, Rice, Sweet

Very nice jasmine white tea. As always, if it’s jasmine, i like it. Very light and floral.

Flavors: Floral, Jasmine

I didn’t like this one at first, but I’m warming up to it. Still not something that I’ll look to replenish once it’s gone, but I’ll enjoy what I have left.

Delicious on cold winter days, because it reminds you of Spring and Summer days. It can get very bitter if over steeped, but otherwise has a very delicate jasmine flavor. One of my favorite teas.

Flavors: Cut grass, Floral, Honey, Jasmine, Tea

1921 tasting notes

And the jasmine binge continues.

MrQuackers

I think Dragon Pearls by David’s Tea was my favourite. Drop in a cup and forget. I can understand a jasmine binge.

Arby

I always keep DT Black Jasmine Dragon Pearls in stock. So tasty and fun to watch.

It seems rather cliche for a chick named Jasmine to be caught sipping on jasmine tea. So I like to think of this as one of my guilty pleasures. To be fair, the first time I had a jasmine tea I wasn’t told what it was, so the name had nothing to do with my reaction.

All that ridiculousness having been said I absolutely LOVE this tea. The sweat softness of the silver needle tea plays well with the jasmine tones. Unlike some other teas I’ve had neither flavor overpowers the other. I think it’s sweet enough on it’s own but when you add just a little sugar it takes on a much more floral flavor.

Flavors: Jasmine

I steeped it too long – probably five minutes, and it was a full-bodied pure jasmine flavor. I couldn’t tell it was white tea because it still tastes strong, and my impression of white tea is that it’s mild (but that is based on conjecture rather than experience!)

Then I realized I had left the leaves in the pot, for a VERY long time, and it was very strong and astringent – completely my fault! I will add water and try it again or maybe make it into an iced tea. But even with the strong flavor I still had another cup because something about the tangy taste of jasmine somehow both calms and excites me.

Overall a great, pure jasmine tea. No other flavors.

Flavors: Jasmine

4 tsp 22 OZ / 650 ML

I don’t remember who I got this sample from. It was one I brought to work and had at my desk. I had one cup, and left the rest waiting for another day when that was what sounded good. And then I forgot about it.

Well, I found it and decided to have it this morning.

I didn’t like it. I normally love jasmine, but this just wasn’t good to me. I hope it was just this tea, and not jasmine teas in general. I have a good amount of jasmine teas but I haven’t been drinking them lately.

But this tea, BLAH. I think the base tea itself wasn’t good, and the jasmine tasted funny. Really strong, but not right. I dunno.

Ubacat

Maybe there was artificial flavouring added? If it was from real jasmine flowers it should be very mild and light.

Cheri

It’s Teavana, so who knows? My sample is gone now, so I’m not going to worry about it.

MushroomBugg

Well, there’s a positive spin. :) All gone, oh well! I hope you have something better to cleanse your palette today.