Organic Mint Melange

Herbal Tea
Lemongrass, Peppermint, Spearmint, Mint, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Arby

From Trader Joe's

Product description not available yet.

About Trader Joe's View company

I made some of this earlier today and decided to ice it and have it with my dinner tonight. It’s really refreshing this way. Very minty but a touch of lemongrass is peeking through. This will be really nice for the summer.

Recently, I discovered a drink that I ADORE at the Philz on my walk to work. However, when I go there, I end up spending like $6 or more because I have no self control and get a vegan cookie, as well. Well, since I’m on a money AND food diet, I decided to buy a bag of these yerba mate bags, even though $5 for 25 seemed a little steep. Now, at Philz, I had them add a little soy milk and fresh mint, so I was trying to accomplish the same at home… SO, I mixed 40 oz of water with 4 yerba mate tea bags and 2 Trader Joe’s Mint Melange tea bags, then added some vanilla soy until my pot was about full (maybe a cup?)

PERFECT! Exactly what I was looking for. :D

No rating, since I mixed it with another tea.

Solid mint blend. If you’re in the mood for mint, it’s much better with the mix of peppermint/spearmint and the touch of lemongrass!

I love mint tea, good mint tea, which is surprisingly difficult to find. I bought a few mint teas at Trader Joe’s this morning, one of them might be “the one.” I am pleased with this one, it was my first try so hard to know how others will compare, but I did enjoy this tea very much. I think the lemongrass adds a brightness to flavor.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Peppermint, Spearmint

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I drink this a lot and enjoy it every time.

Heavy on the mint, but the sweetness in it actually makes this a mellow blend. Spearmint, peppermint, lemon grass, possibly some other lemony herbs. While this is not unique in flavour profile, I do appreciate its simplicity. It is really tasty hot or iced, it takes milk and is very nice plain, it resteeps a few times, and you really can’t overbrew it.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Mint, Peppermint, Spearmint, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 30 sec 24 OZ / 700 ML
Dustin

I haven’t tried this one before! I usually go for their straight peppermint and will have to switch it up next time I’m due for a refill.

Arby

Last time I was at Trader Joe’s I just bought every decaf and herbal tea they had. It is nice to have a few bagged teas I can keep in my pocket or in a purse. This is one of those teas, and it is perfect when you only have access to cold water.

Mastress Alita

I wish my town had a Trader Joe’s, I was so put off when I re-tried Mint Medley recently I’ve been on the hunt for a decent bagged tea mint replacement, and that sounds like a decent one. I like the idea of a heavy mint base with a little citrus to take a bit of the edge off. I guess if I’m ever traveling somewhere that has one, I’ll have to stop by and see if I can’t find this one.

Made iced tea with this to copycat the Starbucks iced tea, which uses Zen from Tazo. Tastes just like it! Didn’t add sweetener this time.

Notes: 2 teabags in 12 oz, chilled and poured over ice to make 16 oz iced tea.

When I’m in the mood for nothing but mint, this hits the spot! Very smooth and relaxing.

I drink a lot of mint-family teas, and this is the best. Of all the regularly available mint teas, plantation mint, pure peppermint, pure mint, pure spearmint, this is the best. Like salt in your hot chocolate, the lemongrass is the hidden thread that ties everything in this tea together. 1 bag in 1 cup boiling water with 1 packet NuStevia = heaven. Like most herbal teas it can steep forever without going bad (getting bitter).

Love this after dinner as a digestive aid and breath freshener. Very soothing with wonderful flavor. Love it!