Spring Jade Tieguanyin

Oolong Tea
Butter, Floral, Spinach, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by Linda

• “I was watching some tea vlogs this morning, and one talked about using tea leaves in cooking. I haven’t really experimented with using tea in savory dishes (outside of tea eggs and Busmese tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was wonderful! The gaiwan lid smelled of lilac which surprised me. I don’t think I’ve ever smelled that from a tea before (in my brief tea career). The liquor was buttery and light and...” Read full tasting note

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Product description not available yet.

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

I was watching some tea vlogs this morning, and one talked about using tea leaves in cooking. I haven’t really experimented with using tea in savory dishes (outside of tea eggs and Busmese tea salad), and was suddenly very struck with the urge to experiment. Having already enjoyed a pot of this Spring Jade Tieguanyin from Whispering Pines and finding it very vegetal and savory, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to experiment. I cooked up some garlic rice, made a quick sauce, poached an egg, and flash fried the tea leaves in some sesame oil. Turned out delicious! A super quick meal that I’d be happy to eat more often. I love being able to use the remaining tea leaves, rather than just tossing them. Next time, I’ll be adding some fresh veggies as well.

Martin Bednář

That actually sounds so tasty!

tea-sipper

Awesome idea.

amandastory516

It came out quite good, would definitely recommend!

This was wonderful!

The gaiwan lid smelled of lilac which surprised me. I don’t think I’ve ever smelled that from a tea before (in my brief tea career). The liquor was buttery and light and refreshing. I must have had at least 10 infusions from the same 3 grams of tea and it just kept going and I didn’t want to stop drinking it.

Flavors: Butter, Floral, Spinach, Vegetal