Dong Ding Dark

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store

• “While I dislike the majority of floral flavors, roasted oolongs that retain floral notes are an exception, as have been Dong Ding oolongs in general. This roasted dong ding has a perfect balance...” Read full tasting note
    Flightysprite 483 tasting notes
  • “Sarah from the upstate store is down today to help out before Thanksgiving weekend. We made this in our Dragonhouse glass tumblers! (more of those are on the way, should be here next week!) ...” Read full tasting note
    harneysoho 10 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

This year, in addition to the Dong DIng we have offered in the past, we are offering a Dong Ding finished with a traditional charcoal roast. The tea has darker and more complex flavors. This appeals to those who like Da Hong Pao and Puerhs.

About Harney & Sons View company

While I dislike the majority of floral flavors, roasted oolongs that retain floral notes are an exception, as have been Dong Ding oolongs in general. This roasted dong ding has a perfect balance of roast and flower, so yummy.

Sarah from the upstate store is down today to help out before Thanksgiving weekend. We made this in our Dragonhouse glass tumblers! (more of those are on the way, should be here next week!) Anyways, this Dong Ding is AMAZING. Roasted, sweet and fruity, it’s right up our alley. My father and I always get into a discussion about what aspects of oolongs we like the most. Sarah and I tend to like the darker, more roasted oolongs like DHP (Da Hong Pao), that have similar qualities to Pu-erhs and Lapsang. My father and his assistant Elvira on the other hand tend to prefer the lighter, more complex notes of floral, high mountain oolongs like Ali San and the lighter version of Dong Ding. Now we have a Dong Ding for him and a Dong Ding for me! YAY!

-EWH