Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Veri-Tea

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is a very dark oolong, the leaves are extremely uneven in size and range in colour from dark golden-brown to nearly black. It came in a pack of 6 mini-tins that cost me $7.50 or so... so I was...” Read full tasting note
    joiedetea 90 tasting notes

From Personal Collection

A very inexpensive oolong that I picked up at the Asian grocer in a sampler pack of 6 Chinese teas.

About Personal Collection View company

1 Tasting Note

This is a very dark oolong, the leaves are extremely uneven in size and range in colour from dark golden-brown to nearly black. It came in a pack of 6 mini-tins that cost me $7.50 or so… so I was not expecting much. In fact I’m not quite sure why I purchased the pack except that a.) I occasionally have a perverse desire to drink cheap tea just to see if it really is worthwhile paying out so much money for quality as I usually do, and b.) I needed to make up my purchase amount to be over $20 so I could use EFTPOS as I had no cash. Also sometimes given that the baby can disrupt my tea drinking occasions so greatly, I don’t always get the proper value out of the fancier, more expensive teas that I have… so I feel a bit better about drinking something less precious. Is that bad?

Anyway, so as I said, I wasn’t expecting much from this tea. And it’s not spectacular, but it is ok. It is not stale tasting or musty as I feared it would be; it is a little leathery, a tiny bit fruity, a reasonable oolong to get by with. Not sure if I’ll go buy any more once the little tin is finished but I’ll keep it in mind.