Just had to try this one to compare it to DAVIDsTEA’s way too tart version from the fall collection, especially since I had a conversation with Anne about hibiscus in confectionery themed teas and she left me feeling pretty assured that this wouldn’t be the same sort of cider-y tart/hibiscus tart profile…
Well, she didn’t lie.
- Much more buttery than the DT version
- That element alone kind of already makes this seem like a better recreation
- Sweet, with clear blueberry notes which taste natural/realistic
- I LOVE seeing the big blueberry pieces in the leaf, as well
- Maybe a little tart? Which is kind of jarring next to the buttery aspect
- But it’s a more successful version than DT’s one overall
- By quite a bit, actually…
Next thing I want to try with this one is adding milk, since that’s actually an option for this tea but wasn’t for the DT one. I can only imagine it’ll improve the illusion.