Briar Patch

Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This week’s tea! I started out with trying to work on a strictly tulsi blend but I found that the flavor wasn’t quite as round as I wanted – I realized quickly that’s because the tea was needed to...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for November 6, 2016!

Earlier this year, I played around with some Tulsi when I blended the RandyCandy and the Hot & Unbothered blends. I enjoyed the result of both those teas, so I decided that I wanted to further explore the joy of Tulsi! This time, I decided to try blending it with some berry flavors!

This is really tasty! I started with a blend of organic Tulsi (Green, Purple & Wild Leaf Tulsi) and added some organic Chinese Sencha. Then I added a blend of berries (strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, blueberry & juniper berries) – ok, ok, so juniper berries aren’t actually berries but because I added juniper berries to this blend, it just seemed like the appropriate time to mention that. Then I added some crushed black peppercorns as well as some long pepper.

The result? A really tasty beverage that tastes a little bit herb-y/vegetative, a little bit warm and spicy, a little bit sweet and a little bit tart. The berry is really nice in this and I like the contrast in flavors between the cool, herbaceous basil/mint notes from the tulsi and the hint of zesty heat from the pepper.

It tastes a little bit like what taking a hike into the woods and foraging for berries might feel like. Or at least what I imagine that might feel like (as I’ve never actually foraged for berries before and I would no doubt end up picking the wrong berry). It has a rustic, woodsy kind of flavor to it, somewhat earthy and nicely spiced!

organic ingredients: green tea, tulsi (green, purple & wild leaf varieties), strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, juniper berries, black peppercorns, long pepper and natural flavors.

About 52teas View company

1 Tasting Note

This week’s tea!

I started out with trying to work on a strictly tulsi blend but I found that the flavor wasn’t quite as round as I wanted – I realized quickly that’s because the tea was needed to give it some fullness. I enjoy the light, fresh, herbaceous flavor of the tulsi but when it comes right down to it, when I’m drinking a hot cuppa, I want some substance to it so I needed a little bit of Chinese Sencha to a well-rounded flavor and especially texture.

I really like the combination of Sencha with Tulsi – the tulsi adds a warm spiciness to the cup and the Sencha is smooth and buttery. I brewed this for 3 minutes at 180°F – no bitterness – just a really nice, unique green tea experience with lots and lots of berry flavor and a pleasant peppery undertone.