Green Tea
Green Tea
Asparagus, Peas, Apricot, Cream, Freshly Cut Grass, Soybean, Spinach, Sweet, Vegetal, Astringent, Baked Bread, Creamy, Grain, Mineral, Oats, Smoke, Smooth
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “okay, so there was some user error the last time I cold brewed this. I made sure to get this in the fridge a lot earlier in the day and in the morning? yessss. but I also want to point out that my...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another A&D first tasting. So lucky am I! The dry leaves are gorgeous. Long, twisty, and tippy, and variegated in color on a continuum from forest green to silver. In the tin, they have notes...” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 8:00 PM So my Andrews & Dunham order was supposed to come today, but it’s been delayed until tomorrow. To console myself, I’m having a large mug of the only A&D tea currently in my...” Read full tasting note
  • “Gongfu! I had a very rare, for me anyway, Gongfu session w/ this tea over Thanksgiving weekend. Short and simple, like most of my tea sessions using green tea – I never want a long green tea...” Read full tasting note

From Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea

When humankind has finished constructing a Planetary Dyson Sphere around Venus to tame her fierce atmosphere, a lush and verdant world will arise on the surface. Nostalgia for life on Earth will be the center of their new and complex culture.

Early generations of Venutians will be well advised to establish the cultivation of heritage Earth beverages — such as this Damn Fine Tea — to preserve a sense of connection to their terrestrial root. We hope the Venutian hills hide a soil as rich as Yunnan’s, that our future sons and daughters can enjoy a cup that is as balanced and rounded as this Venus Green Tea, with fragrant notes that hearken to their dimmest memories of home.

This 100% Organic Venus Green Tea from Yunnan China has a beautiful large leaf that yields a subtle and sturdy brew. There is a dimension between floral aroma and vegetal richness that comes to the fore in this green tea, a different type of strength than what we look for in our black teas. We like to brew this tea in 180 degree water for 2 to 3 minutes tops.

About Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea View company

Andrews & Dunham knows that nothing beats a perfect cup of tea, and a great tea needs no explanation. We love the romance of tea. We love that tea might just be the healthiest thing you’ll ever drink. But if the tea you’re drinking doesn’t taste fantastic, you’re missing out. Only a few teas meet our mysterious, rigorous standards and we’re proud to offer them to you. We’re always looking for that perfect cup, so you don’t have to.

okay, so there was some user error the last time I cold brewed this. I made sure to get this in the fridge a lot earlier in the day and in the morning? yessss. but I also want to point out that my tea is PRETTY OLD (when was this released? I’m pretty sure that’s when I got it. I think they released Venus and the race car one at the same time and I got both…probably with Black Sunshine. it seems like forever ago?) it still has some nice spinach-y notes nevertheless and I love spinach sooooo. yeah. excellent for these hot days. I’ll be finished with this can soon, which is very exciting, bc the artwork is beautiful. I won’t miss this when it’s gone though.

1928 tasting notes

Another A&D first tasting. So lucky am I!

The dry leaves are gorgeous. Long, twisty, and tippy, and variegated in color on a continuum from forest green to silver. In the tin, they have notes of sweet pea, asparagus, and yellow squash. Why is there no yellow squash option in flavors?

Also, why does clicking flavors take me directly to some Windows sign in thing instead of Outlook, like it used to? Freaky and annoying. But I digress.

The steeped tea is pale yellow and clear. The aroma is mild and vegetal, with the notes mentioned above. Next time I might try the water a bit hotter as A&D suggests.

The tea is tasty and mild. It’s not as juicy as some Chinese greens, and I wish it were a bit moreso. But at this point I can’t rule out user error. Next time I’ll try hotter water and longer steep time.

Flavors: Asparagus, Peas

Home – 8:00 PM

So my Andrews & Dunham order was supposed to come today, but it’s been delayed until tomorrow. To console myself, I’m having a large mug of the only A&D tea currently in my cupboard.

I really do like this one. It’s smooth, sweet, and creamy with notes of edamame, summer squash, and sugar snap peas. I’m not sure if it’s because this is a Yunnan green tea, but it has some delicious grainy/bready notes that remind me of either a silver needle or a golden Yunnan black tea. There’s a hint of smoke and mineral in the background, which gives it a bit more presence without overwhelming the other flavors. At the end of the sip, there’s a soft and slightly drying apricot note that I often find in Chinese green teas.

Aww, and now my mug is empty. Why does that always happen?!

Can’t wait to try my new A&D teas tomorrow – I ordered Black Sunshine, Tiger Assam, and Mount Gray. I had to talk myself out of ordering a second 3-pack as I likely won’t even finish those three tins before they start to lose flavor…

Flavors: Apricot, Astringent, Baked Bread, Creamy, Grain, Mineral, Oats, Peas, Smoke, Smooth, Soybean, Sweet

evol-ving

Damn fine teas—love them! But I have put myself on a leash with tea purchases because, you know, out of control and all that.

Mastress Alita

I’m on that same leash, evol-ving.

Gongfu!

I had a very rare, for me anyway, Gongfu session w/ this tea over Thanksgiving weekend. Short and simple, like most of my tea sessions using green tea – I never want a long green tea session, it seems. I’m gonna say I did about five/six steeps?

The tea was nice – very green and pretty vegetal; sort of like edamame/green beans as the primary notes with an edge of smoke and nuttyness. Basically, very typical tasting notes for a Chinese green tea/pan fired green tea. Still, a little green bean taste is appreciated every now and then.

The really cool part of this session was the brand new teaware I was using – I had made a trip to Camellia Sinensis and I got quite the teaware haul: about six new teacups, a gaiwan, and this wicked new shibo! It’s only 80ml but it’s so wide and shallow and I fucking _love it. That’s what I was using for this session, and while it’s a bit cumbersome to pour from given my little baby hands, it pours really smoothly and is just so sleek looking! Does anyone else have a shallow shibo or gaiwan they use regularly? What kind of teas do you usually steeping in them? I picked a green tea because that’s what was recommended but I imagine I could probably do something else as long as it does have too much expansion…

Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/B3m4oOCgvB4/