Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea

2 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

From Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea

When humankind has finished constructing a Planetary Dyson Sphere around Venus to tame her fierce atmosphere, a lush and verdant world will arise on the surface. Nostalgia for life on Earth will be the center of their new and complex culture.

Early generations of Venutians will be well advised to establish the cultivation of heritage Earth beverages — such as this Damn Fine Tea — to preserve a sense of connection to their terrestrial root. We hope the Venutian hills hide a soil as rich as Yunnan’s, that our future sons and daughters can enjoy a cup that is as balanced and rounded as this Venus Green Tea, with fragrant notes that hearken to their dimmest memories of home.

This 100% Organic Venus Green Tea from Yunnan China has a beautiful large leaf that yields a subtle and sturdy brew. There is a dimension between floral aroma and vegetal richness that comes to the fore in this green tea, a different type of strength than what we look for in our black teas. We like to brew this tea in 180 degree water for 2 to 3 minutes tops.

About Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea View company

Andrews & Dunham knows that nothing beats a perfect cup of tea, and a great tea needs no explanation. We love the romance of tea. We love that tea might just be the healthiest thing you’ll ever drink. But if the tea you’re drinking doesn’t taste fantastic, you’re missing out. Only a few teas meet our mysterious, rigorous standards and we’re proud to offer them to you. We’re always looking for that perfect cup, so you don’t have to.

1 Tasting Note

Managed to cram in a mug of this before heading off for work today.

I’ll be honest, the reason I was drawn to this tea really has little to do with the tea itself at all; I just think the art on the tin is GORGEOUS. A&D basically always nails their tin art, but this might just be my favourite tin they’ve ever produced…

The tea itself is nice though; I’ve definitely had lots of Chinese green tea and compared to Japanese greens I far prefer the former. I’m not 100% sure how much of those Chinese greens have actually come from Yunnan though? I’m guessing not a whole lot. So, that does make this farily interesting as an actual tea too. My experience with it this morning was that I found it to be surprisingly full bodied with a very well defined vegetal green bean/edamame body quality and very faint nutty undertones and hints of smoke. Nor sure if I’d call it “otherworldly” but it was pleasant enough for a green tea.

Wouldn’t go out of my way to drink this (I prefer a much lighter, sweeter green profile) but there’s totally nothing wrong with it either.