Herbal Honeybush Yerba maté Blend
Chamomile, Green Yerba Mate, Honeybush, Lemon Peel
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Thanks yet again, Cameron B! The last of the shop blends. Another blend with bee pollen, though this one ended up much less odd tasting than the other. Maybe because of a better combination of...” Read full tasting note
  • “300/365 It was a bit of a surprise when I noticed I’d reached 300! I’m surprised how quickly time has passed this year. This one isn’t particularly significant, except in that it’s the perfect...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

This is the Manchester Store’s exclusive loose leaf tea blend!

A tea for the Mancunian Worker Bee: sweet, light and healthy!

Our Manchester mixologist’s have been busy bees! They’ve created their very own blend, inspired by Manchester and the lovely people who live there! This Yerba Mate tea with honeybush and lemon is the perfect reflection of the wonderful city!

Honeybush, yerba mate, bee pollen, chamomile, lemon peel

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Thanks yet again, Cameron B! The last of the shop blends. Another blend with bee pollen, though this one ended up much less odd tasting than the other. Maybe because of a better combination of other ingredients here, or there being less bee pollen present in the blend. I’m always hesitant with half honeybush/ half yerba mate blends. I either want the caffeine or I don’t. There isn’t really a middle ground. This blend was okay enough, that not-very-pleasant-tasting bee pollen with some lemon and earthy yerba mate. I guess the bee pollen works better with these flavors than ‘Tea From the Hood’. The honeybush wasn’t very noticeable. Again, I wouldn’t really choose bee pollen blends. But I appreciated trying. Now that I’ve tried all seven, I can say my favorite of B&B’s shop blends: Brighton Rock by far, with Lift Me Up Angel in second place.
Steep #1 // 1 heaping teaspoon for a full mug // 11 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // 10 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep

300/365

It was a bit of a surprise when I noticed I’d reached 300! I’m surprised how quickly time has passed this year. This one isn’t particularly significant, except in that it’s the perfect choice for a Friday. This is part of Bird & Blend’s store blends collection, and is the tea for Manchester, being a blend of honeybush, yerba mate, chamomile, bee pollen, and lemon. This isn’t a combination I’ve ever come across before, but it sums up what I need today pretty perfectly; energy, and relaxation!

Yerba and chamomile seem an odd pairing, but they actually work together reasonably well. There’s an obvious harmony between the chamomile, honeybush and bee pollen, and lemon fits in pretty well with that flavour profile as well. In practice, I couldn’t really taste any lemon – I mostly get honey, but something beyond that also. Something less sweet, more floral, perhaps even a little bitter? It’s a hard one to describe! The yerba is a little jarring, and seems to heighten the bitterness to a certain extent, but I actually don’t mind the combination as much as I thought I would.

My only real complaint about this one is that it’s a little powdery, and the bee pollen has a tendency to sink to the bottom. It’s enjoyable, though, and certainly an unusual blend! I’ve not tried anything quite like this before, but I’d happily drink it again!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp