Magic Dragon

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Cornflower Petals, Dragon Fruit, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Rose Hips
Berry, Melon, Plants, Fruity, Hibiscus, Tart, Berries, Red Fruits, Sour, Strawberry, Sweet, Apple, Fruit Punch, Pineapple, Rosehips, Candy, Fruit Tree Flowers
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

• “I love the name — it makes me think of Puff the Magic Dragon, which was a childhood favorite song. I know I’ve had dragonfruit, but I think I only had it once and it was a while ago. So I can’t say...” Read full tasting note
  • “I really like dragon fruit. I’ve eaten entire dragon fruits in one sitting. So, I was really interested in trying a dragon fruit tea. I am happy to report I was not disappointed. This tea gives me...” Read full tasting note
  • “I haven’t had this is a while so it’s been sitting in my cupboard untouched for too long. Decided to have some iced tonight and review it while I’m at it. I really liked this back when I bought it,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Cold brew Sour/tart, tastes of strawberries, rose hips, sickly sweetness at the end of the sip because of the blackberry leaves. It’s alright, but not something I would drink again. Too sour for...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s bright. It’s flamboyant. It’s totally over the top. Oh, and it’s incredibly good for you. If you haven’t gotten to know the dragon fruit yet, it’s time you gave this crazy-looking cactus a try. Though it looks a little bizarre, the flavour is actually quite mild – somewhere between a kiwi, a melon and a pear. And it’s so packed with good stuff, it’s being hailed as the next big super fruit. Taste it for yourself in this super tangy tropical blend. With apple, rosehip, hibiscus and blackberry leaves, it’s a great introduction to a fruit you definitely want to know.

Ingredients: Apple, rosehips, hibiscus, sweet blackberry leaves, dragonfruit, cornflower petals, natural dragon fruit flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I know I’ve had dragonfruit, but I think I only had it once and it was a while ago. So I can’t say whether this is a good dragonfruit blend, but I can say I like it.

The dry blend has a strong, berry heavy smell, which, after steeping has an interesting depth and freshness that is watermelon-like. I expect this is the dragonfruit. The liquor is a bright, vibrant red that is quite attractive.

The flavor has a touch of bitterness at the beginning, and a touch of sourness right after, but is neutral to sweet through most of the sip. It has a leafiness to it that I’m thinking must be the blackberry leaves, but mostly I get a melon-like flavor that makes me think of my current favorite Perrier — Watermelon — but more intense.

And now I’m off to binge watch my latest discovery, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!

Flavors: Berry, Melon, Plants

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML
Evol Ving Ness

I love that show! Just fab.

__Morgana__

I’m done with the first season now, and I can’t wait for the next! Meanwhile, I’m binge watching Better Call Saul.

Evol Ving Ness

Unfamiliar with that one. I will look for it. I’m due for a binge watch of something.

I really like dragon fruit. I’ve eaten entire dragon fruits in one sitting. So, I was really interested in trying a dragon fruit tea. I am happy to report I was not disappointed. This tea gives me the full dragon fruit flavour without anything else overpowering it. It does have a bit of a tart aftertaste (I assume from the hibiscus) but I didn’t find this to make much of a difference. I will be buying more of this tea as summer approaches since it is a super refreshing and tasty iced tea.

Flavors: Fruity

Iced 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I haven’t had this is a while so it’s been sitting in my cupboard untouched for too long. Decided to have some iced tonight and review it while I’m at it. I really liked this back when I bought it, but now it’s not as exciting. It’s a little bit tart, from the hibiscus, but it has a nice dragonfruit taste too. For me I guess I just find the hibiscus annoying. (Which isn’t too often for me) Still, I enjoy this every once in a while.

Flavors: Fruity, Hibiscus, Tart

Iced 4 min, 0 sec

Cold brew
Sour/tart, tastes of strawberries, rose hips, sickly sweetness at the end of the sip because of the blackberry leaves. It’s alright, but not something I would drink again. Too sour for me, even cold brewed.

Flavors: Berries, Fruity, Red Fruits, Sour, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart

Iced

This tea wasn’t as good as i hoped! I’ve tried making it twice and still haven’t been able to agree with it. I haven’t tried it iced, i think that will be the next way to go since i have a whole canister of it. It smells yummy! But once i drank it there was a weird lingering after taste. Added some sugar to it also and still didn’t do the job. I wouldn’t recommend this one.

It’s been a tumultuous time for me for the past week or so, as I have moved out of my boyfriend’s place after living there for about 5 years and am now with a new roommate. This is a significant and emotional change for me, but the familiar aroma and comfort of my favourite teas has been a great help.

I have drank Magic Dragon a couple times before, but have not yet sat down to do a proper review of it. I used quite a bit of leaf for this brew as it is an herbal tea – no need to worry about bitterness – and I just want it to punch me in the face with flavour. The aroma is quite pleasing; faintly sweet with a detectable amount of dragonfruit notes.

The tea is actually a bit tart, which is probably due to the apple/hibiscus that apparently needs to be included as per default in every single fruit tisane. (/grump) The good news is that the dragonfruit does balance this out, and beacuse I loaded up on the leaf I can definitely taste it. Pretty enjoyable overall, although I think Dragonfruit Devotion from Teavana was a bit better (though that was a long time ago).

Another Sipdown! Light and fruity and sweet. Juicy, even! Yummy. But I don’t feel the need to buy any more, as the hibiscus is too tart for me.

Iced

Cold brewed this last night. It is really good iced. It is sweet from the dragonfruit and it is somewhat tart as well. I of course added sugar to this although it probably didn’t need it but I like iced tea sweet. This is just really refreshing.

I brewed it overnight in a 64oz Iced Tea Maker with 8 tsp leaf.

Flavors: Fruity, Tart

Iced 8 tsp 64 OZ / 1892 ML

Its good but not worth the huff. The make a big deal about it at the store “The Only one with Dragonfruit” when really its nothing special. Similar to a lot of their Herbals.

It smelled really good in the tin at the store so I decided to try it. I did not like it hot or iced…too bitter and there’s a taste that didn’t agree with me…maybe the magic dragon fruit in it? Not my cup of tea.