Bubbie's Baklava

Oolong Tea
Almond, Apple, Caramel, Cardamon, Sap, Smooth, Spices, Spicy, Honey, Nutty, Toasted, Wood, Cinnamon, Creamy, Dried Fruit, Pastries, Nuts, Rose, Walnut, Toasty, Pecan, Pineapple, Fruity, Brown Sugar, Green, Oats, Sweet, Baked Bread, Floral, Roasted
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Just about every grandma has a secret recipe for special occasions. For David’s Bubbie, it’s baklava – studded with walnuts, almonds and pistachios and scented with honey and rose. And no family get-together is complete without it. This honey-scented oolong is an homage to that deliciously nutty treat. With candied fruit, nuts and spices, it’s rich enough to make any occasion feel special.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Here’s Hoping Traveling Teabox – Round #5 – Tea #22
Oh what a magical list of ingredients this is! Almond, Apple, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Ginger, Oolong Tea, Papaya, Pineapple, Pistacho, Roasted Almonds, Roasted Chicory Root, Rose Blossom Leaves, Walnuts! A ton of things I love to find in tea. I’m very happy I get to try it. The fruit pieces are huge among the dark oolong. I’ve had baklava once years ago and as far as I remember, this is very similar. I wish the splenda like flavor wasn’t there, since it’s not even in the ingredients list. But I love the honey fruity sweetness nuttiness to the blend. The oolong doesn’t seem to do much but make the cup darker than the black tea I sipped today. Other than the splenda-like flavor, I just wish there was more flavor from these awesome ingredients.
Steep #1 // couple minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 3 minute steep

I am not a flavored tea drinker, for I am usually repulsed by whats in the cup. However, I’ve been eyeing this tea for a little bit, and my curiosity got the better of me. The leaf is an assortment of spices, nuts, and candied fruit; although, the leaf is dominantly oolong. I got a new travel tea press for Christmas, so I decided that this would be a good time to break it in. I felt awkward brewing western style, for it has been so long, but I managed. I gave my finished concoction a sip, and it was actually really good. The brew begins with nice woody and nutty tones. The flavor progresses to some spice and a minor tang. Then, the brew ends with a sweet honey and caramel aftertaste. The flavors are not overwhelmingly powerful, and my stomach was not upset by them. I really liked this brew, and I am happy that I have some leftover. I’ll be sure to show this off to some other “flavored” tea drinkers.

Flavors: Almond, Caramel, Honey, Nutty, Spices, Toasted, Wood

Evol Ving Ness

How very very interesting. I have had this tea more than once and my perspective on it is so different from yours. I find it a really aggressive brew in terms of imitation flavours. I am going to have to go back to it to see if I can find the magic in it that you have.

Haveteawilltravel

I brewed a little light, and I let the water cool. This let the brew become more smooth and less aggressive.

Evol Ving Ness

Thank you. I will give that a try to see if that changes things.

Looking at the ingredients, I thought there was no way I was going to like this…chicory and rose are not really ingredients I like in tea. Surprisingly, I liked this tea. The rose was very light and the chicory wasn’t overwhelming. It is kind of like a nutty, fruity chai. I am not really tasting baklava but that’s ok. Its not t a favourite dessert of mine anyway

This is such a sweet tea for me. It’s actually the tea I chose to make for my in-laws when they visited my husband and I after our wedding. It’s warm, inviting, thick and spicy-sweet. I’m not reminded of baklava,
unfortunately, but it’s undeniably comforting. And isn’t that the characteristic trait of grandmas?

3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Rewind back to the comment I made about Davids Tea and Lupcia…
Now apply that comment to this. There is almost no need to try any other blend like this because its so dang good that I don’t need anything ‘better’.
This is the kind of tea that when I sip my eyes kind of close together as if they are smiling for my mouth while I’m drinking.

Daylon R Thomas

Good lord…Backlava oolong….

Daylon R Thomas

And egregious spelling. Baklava.

This is really good to me, even if it’s summer and 90 degrees outside. I think it would be great in the fall!

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Honey

I love Davids & oolongs. This tea smells great so I thought I would love it.
I bought one of those sampler packs & was disappointed to see how much crap & so little oolong was in the actual bag. I’ll never understand why people feel it necessary to add big chunks of anything to an oolong.

The steeped smell was gross & smelt too much like rose, I am not a fan of floral teas. Thankfully the rose scent is not as strong in the taste. Overall the tea tastes ok, but it’s not great.

This tea certainly does have a baklava vibe. Honey, phyllo pastry, almonds, and a hint of cinnamon. A dried fruit as well (thinking apricot). There’s also a slight creaminess like rice pudding. There’s actually quite a lot going on in this. While today I decided to have it black, this tea is also remarkable as a latte. I will note that the actual tea in this doesn’t really stand out, but I’m still very fond of this one.

Flavors: Almond, Cinnamon, Creamy, Dried Fruit, Honey, Pastries

195 °F / 90 °C 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

This was like Apple Custard mixed with a cheap oolong. I do prefer Apple Custard on its own, but this wasn’t bad.

Flavors: Almond, Apple, Nuts

Using up the 2014 Christmas sampler. As others have said, this is more of an infusion than an oolong tea— mostly fruit and nuts. Once brewed, nuts, cinnamon, and a hint of rose definitely remind me of baklava. A stronger honey flavor and I think it would be spot on.

I stocked up on Santa’s Secret and for some reason Eggnog (what was I thinking?) from DT, and while this is enjoyable I can finish it off without regret.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Rose, Walnut