Mulled Wine

Oolong Tea
Apple, Clove, Ginger, Oolong Tea, Orange Peel
Citrus, Ginger, Orange Zest, Spices, Red Wine, Cinnamon, Candy, Sweet, Cloves, Orange, Fruity, Clove, Sugar, Fruit Punch, Citrus Zest, Apple
Low
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

Warm yourself up

Maybe you spent the day on the slopes. Maybe it was a frantic afternoon of holiday shopping. Or maybe you’re coming in from an epic snowball fight. No matter what you did on this chilly day, there’s no better way to warm up than with a great cup of tea. And it doesn’t get more comforting than this mulled wine-inspired all natural oolong, with orange zest, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Whether you’re sipping it at the ski chalet, in front of a roaring fire or just between errands, it’s the perfect way to warm up your winter.

Price per 50g: $9.50

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I loved the scent of the tea blend more than the smell and taste of the brewed tea. I added a bit of honey to accent the flavors but it didn’t help much. It tasted more like a regular oolong tea with floral notes than something resembling mulled wine – and I really love mulled wine.
Seriously disappointed.

I still had a little advent calendar tin of this, so I included it in my homemade one this year. It’s a lovely blend to enjoy in the winter season, and it’s basically just a nice orangey spice tasting tea. I like it. The ginger and spice may have surprised me at first but I am enjoying it now.

Flavors: Citrus, Ginger, Orange Zest, Spices

Similar to DavidsTea’s Sangria in smell and taste, but weaker than Sangria. Kind of disappointing.

Day 17 of 2015’s 24 Days of Tea. Despite many people saying that this tea smells like bubble gum, I don’t really get that. To me it smells closer to just generic Christmas spice blends, which is hopefully to be expected considering the ingredients. I had this with my dinner tonight and I have mixed feelings about this tea.

The most obvious flavor in this tea to me is the oolong base surprisingly, I thought that the spices would have drowned out any flavor of it, although there is a lot of clove flavor in the aftertaste. I do get a bit of orange in the background but not much else, aside from some cinnamon as well.

The unfortunate thing to me about this tea is that is tastes very… watered down? The whole flavor profile is pretty weak, and unfortunately since I only have the tin from the advent calendar I can’t do any more experimenting. Based on the cup I tasted I can’t say I’m particularly sad to see that this tea did not make a comeback.

Weird tea. The first time I tried it, it was citrus and spice and the oolong itself was pretty much nonexistent under all the spices but it was ok if citrus-spice is what you’re looking for. The second time I tried it, was overwhelmingly bubblegum. How can anything taste so much like bubblegum? I took the leaves from that hot steep and cold steeped them overnight, and now… spicy bubblegum? Not bad, just extremely bizarre. :)

I was extremely disappointed this tea wasn’t released again with the Christmas 2016 collection. I love this tea.

Flavors: Orange Zest, Red Wine

Boiling 8 min or more

Ah, mulled wine.

The first time I ever had actual mulled wine was at a restaurant nearby. They had sangria on the menu so I decided to order that, only to find out they didn’t have any because it ’wasn’t in season’. They then suggested mulled wine as an alternative cause you know, it ‘was the next best thing’.

Biggest mistake ever. I hated it. It tasted downright awful.

So you can imagine my enthusiasm when I tried the DAVIDsTEA version of mulled wine.

It had potential – after all it didn’t smell bad. It had lots of zest (I can imagine from the oranges) and lots of cinnamon.

I was half expecting it to taste like the mulled wine I remember having, but it was actually quite the opposite. It was light with a lot of cinnamon. I could taste a bit of orange with ginger and clove but hardly any oolong, which was disappointing. It also did not remind me of wine one bit.

I didn’t hate this tea but I did not enjoy it either and don’t see myself having this one again.

Too watery, too light, not enough wine taste.

Flavors: Cinnamon

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I can hardly taste the oolong in this. The sugary ingredients leave a noticeable poor aftertaste.

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 0 sec 13 OZ / 375 ML

I really love this tea. It tastes like spiced bubblegum and sweet like candy. Not much to say other than that, I don’t taste any wine flavor. The name is kind of misleading.

Flavors: Candy, Spices, Sweet