Sweet Tart

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Dried Cherries, Hibiscus Blossoms, Raisins, Rose Blossom Leaves, Sour Cherry
Apple, Cherry, Hibiscus, Sweet, Tart, Candy, Sour, Carrot, Fruity, Citrus
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

Will you cherry me

As soon as we laid eyes on this tea, it was love at first sight. Its gorgeous crimson liquor left us mesmerised. Its classic red cherry aroma sent our heart aflutter. But it was its irresistible balance of sweetness and tartness that truly swept us off our feet. Refreshing hot or iced, this blend of ripe cherries, hibiscus blossoms and little candy hearts will totally steal yours… or someone else’s.

Vegan

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Love the smell, very candy-tart. The flavour is pretty similar, just not as strong. Reminds me of sour cherry candies a bit, which is a good association. The hibiscus is just right here. Not taking over, but providing the dose of tartness needed.

I got this yesterday for Valentine’s Day from my boyfriend… I’ve got to say he made some really good purchases! I love this one, it’s fruity, sweet and tart at the same time. Everything mingles well together. The dried leaves smell amazing, steeped it tastes different then it smells dry. I’m really enjoying it this morning… and it’s nice it’s caffeine free, because I’ve got to hydrate for tonight’s hot yoga!

Flavors: Apple, Cherry, Hibiscus, Sweet, Tart

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I had enough Frequent Steeper points to redeem a free Tea of the Day, so I tried Sweet Tart. Oddly, the employee behind the counter didn’t ask me if I wanted a hot or cold tea, so I ended up with hot tea (by default?) At first the tart cherry was the only flavour that I could discern, but as the tea cooled a bit, some sweetness came through. It reminded me of sucking on a hard cherry candy.

Flavors: Candy, Cherry, Tart

I picked up one of the Valentine’s Day heart tins to try with this tea inside. The combination of ingredients seemed strange to me (carrots and raisins?) so I was apprehensive. I tried this one iced and it blew my mind. It tastes exactly like a pink Sweet Tart candy. The first note I get is nicely sweet and fruity and the back note is quite sour just like the candy. I really liked this one and am sad to have missed out on getting more. If this one comes back, I will definitely consider buying some more.

Flavors: Candy, Cherry, Sour, Sweet

Iced 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

The cherry flavour was too overwhelming for me, the tea is tart and fruity, probably won’t be bad as an ice tea if you don’t mind the artificial cherry flavour.

Flavors: Cherry

This was a weird one for me. I really disliked it on it’s own-It was much more sour than I expected it would be. I suppose that to be fair, it tasted pretty much as described. There are very strong overwhelming hibiscus and cherry notes, with the beet and carrot sort of coming out a bit at the end. This is not a very complex tea, and is mostly just strongly fruity and sour.
However, I found that when you combine it with some white or green pure tea, the flavour softens up and is in my opinion much more pleasant. Overall, I really liked this blend much more when you are using it to mix with another tea than I do trying to drink it on its own.

Flavors: Carrot, Cherry, Hibiscus, Sour, Tart

This tea smells and tastes delicious! It’s just the right mix of tart/fruity for me.

The dry leaf smelled like cheap cherry lollipops – the kind that are usually packaged with boxed Valentine’s Day cards for kids.

The flavor reminded me of something I can’t quite place…Strawberry Colada, Hard Candy, Marshmallow Macaroon, Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait…? I can’t wrap my head around it, and I don’t intend to have another cup to analyze it further.

It’s certainly fruity, but I don’t get distinct cherry flavor…which is odd given the smell. The floral note seems really out of place, but it is quite light despite the abundance of rose buds. It’s tart and sour, and I’d expect that because of the sour cherries and hibiscus. Unfortunately, the raisins, beetroot and carrots (LOL, sounds like a salad!) aren’t enough to counter, or even compliment, the tart sourness.

Now, I’m a proud member of #TeamHibiscus, but this is a hard pass for me, with or without the blasted carrot.

Flavors: Fruity, Sour, Tart

I received a free tea of the day, and sweet tart was on tap ,I had wanted to try this tea and thought it would be the one for my free tea redemption, but it was just not special enough, I liked it the dry leaf smelled like a cherry, it steeped to a nice red colour and tasted just like a cherry sweet tart but at the end of the day I feel I would just see it in my cupboard and be like hmm its good but I want its great. Because I’m a tea freak I may still pick some up when It goes on sale.

Flavors: Cherry, Citrus, Hibiscus