Matcha Miso

Food Matcha Blend
Beany, Salty, Soybean, Sweet, warm grass, Umami, Vegetal
Bulk
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 16 oz / 473 ml

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

This mouthwatering miso soup mix doesn’t just pack a serious umami punch – it’s also got all the energizing, metabolism-boosting powers of matcha green tea. Think rich and vegetal, with the satisfying brothy flavour of white miso – a protein-rich soybean paste known for helping stimulate digestion. Try sipping it for breakfast, Japanese-style. It’s the bomb.

Available in prepack format only.

Matcha green tea, white miso powder (fermented soybeans, rice, salt, modified tapioca), seaweed (kombu) extract (maltodextrin, kombu extract, salt).

Allergens: soya

About DAVIDsTEA View company

one of my absolute favourite savory oatmeals is miso with cooked spinach + mushrooms, aahhh. yes. I bought this specifically to make with oatmeal (steel cut oats), aaaaand I could have put more in. I was a little scared of putting too much but honestly, it could have taken more. I didn’t have spinach or mushrooms to stir in, so I just put some furikake, and despite needing more of the matcha/miso mix, oatmeal lunch was very good. I can’t wait to try this again tomorrow, and also in the future as a ramen base.

Lexie Aleah

Yum! That sounds delicious.

I use tea as the broth for my ramen (I can’t have MSG since it’s a migraine trigger, and it’s in the flavor packets that come with ramen) and when I heard about this, being a fan of both miso and matcha, I really wanted to try it. Unfortunately, it was no longer listed on the US DAVIDsTEA website, and I don’t have any DAVIDsTEA anywhere near where I live. Before a vacation meetup with my best friend, I asked if he’d find out if it was available where he lives (since he’s in the Bay Area in California, which has at least three of this chain available). He had to take a Caltrain trip to a nearby town in the bay one Saturday afternoon, but he managed to pick it up for me, then deliver it when I met up with him last May for an anime convention. Best friends are really the best. hearts

This was really nice; it was very thick and made a nice broth, had just enough of a saltiness to work well with the ramen, the miso flavor was wonderful, and the matcha actually added a much sweeter sort of vegetal grassy touch than I was expecting. It was very satisfying and I’m happy to have another soup tea to add to my ramen broth arsenal.

Flavors: Beany, Salty, Soybean, Sweet, warm grass, Umami, Vegetal

Boiling 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
LuckyMe

Matcha in ramen is such a neat idea…wonder why I never thought of it. I think the grassiness would pair nicely with a mellow white miso. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mastress Alita

This was using a white miso powder, and they did compliment each other very well!

Made a bit of a broth with this on one of my first nights in the city, before I’d done a really big/extensive grocery shop. I just chopped up a little bit of an onion into fine pieces and tossed it into a small pot along with a couple scoops of this and left it all combine together into a thick onion-y miso broth. Simple, and maybe not really an actual meal but better than just drinking straight tea, since I needed to have SOMETHING just slightly more substantial before my grocery haul the next day…

derk

Mmm, yes. I would like to cook some bamboo rice in your broth concoction.

Mastress Alita

I use this for my ramen. I also have two Japanese “soup teas” (ume kombucha, or plum kelp, and a shiitake mushroom) that I use as broths as well. That way I can avoid possible MSG in the ramen broth packets.