Honey Ginseng Defense

Fruity, Ginger, Honey, Goji, Medicinal, Orchids
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle

• “I’m getting used to this one, although I feel it’s very weak. I’ve been brewing in tea bags though, so I want to try in my tea press. The ginger is nice and so is the gojo berries. It smells...” Read full tasting note
  • “Got this as part of a wellness collection that was on sale. I’m not into wellness teas, but I guess I’m a sucker for sales. The main flavor in here is oolong. It’s an okay oolong, but not great....” Read full tasting note
  • “So this one was a really pleasant surprise, wasn’t quite sure what to expect, but I love goji berries and I love oolong so I went for it. Thankfully this blend has a good amount of camellia...” Read full tasting note
  • “Woowww, I didn’t remember that I had tried this at all. Anyhow, I kind of enjoyed it this time. The honey flavour was pleasant and soothing. I should save the rest for the next time I have a cold.” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

This tea is our homage to China’s ancient Eight Treasures blend, which traditionally uses oolong, ginseng and goji.

Immune system need a boost? This tea is filled with feel-good ingredients designed to energize and restore your body’s natural defences.

Oolong tea, goji berries, ginger, marigold blossoms, ginseng, natural honey and goji berry flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’m getting used to this one, although I feel it’s very weak. I’ve been brewing in tea bags though, so I want to try in my tea press. The ginger is nice and so is the gojo berries. It smells amazing in the package. Need to keep trying!

Flavors: Fruity, Ginger, Honey

Got this as part of a wellness collection that was on sale. I’m not into wellness teas, but I guess I’m a sucker for sales. The main flavor in here is oolong. It’s an okay oolong, but not great. I’m missing any honey or spiciness. To me, it was pretty boring, but maybe someone else would enjoy the subtleties more.

So this one was a really pleasant surprise, wasn’t quite sure what to expect, but I love goji berries and I love oolong so I went for it. Thankfully this blend has a good amount of camellia sinensis, the Seaberry Spa “white tea” I reviewed the other day was severely lacking actual tea, kind of funny actually.

I decided to brew this in a gaiwan. First thing I noticed is how fragrant the tea is, it smells sweet, floral, fruity, and a bit spicy even. The oolong base they’ve chosen is really nice, I think it works well with the ginseng and goji berries. They’ve also added honey, and I’m not mad about it at all. It helps highlight the goji and ginseng notes and just really ties everything together. The floral notes are very reminiscent of other strong orchid smelling oolongs, but I can’t tell how much of it is coming from the oolong and how much is from the marigold blossoms and other ingredients. Super tasty either way.

This also came out absolutely phenomenal as iced tea, going to be making a big pitcher full soon.

Flavors: Ginger, Goji, Honey, Medicinal, Orchids

195 °F / 90 °C 7 g 5 OZ / 140 ML
Kittenna

I was also pleasantly surprised by this one, in particular by the inclusion of a decent amount of actual tea (that you could taste, even!)

So Keta

And it’s not the worst quality oolong I’ve ever had either!

This tea tastes bitter to me…possibly the ginseng to blame there. I can taste the honey a bit which is a nice touch but overall this isn’t my cup of tea.

I worked from home today because my throat was very sore and irritated, and speaking aloud was only making it worse – and I drank a ton of tea while doing so, because it was soothing on my throat.

Generally, I believe licorice root teas are what is recommended for a sore throat but I don’t enjoy the taste of licorice root at all and I personally gravitate more towards things with honey when I have a sore throat. It kind of feeling like it’s “coating” my throat, and is soothing in that way. So, one of the things I drank today was a very large mug of this tea with some added in honey. I think Ginseng may also be good for a sore throat, but I’m not totally sure. I figured it definitely couldn’t hurt though!

Because this is a bit of a sweeter tea on its own anyway, adding honey in only made it that much sweeter and a bit cloying – but since I wasn’t only drinking this cup of taste I just powered through the extra sweetness. The floral undertones, and contrast of red fruit/currant notes were a welcome break from the rich honey body notes. It was ultimately still a very nice cup overall.

I don’t know if it was placebo or not – but I did definitely feel some relief after finishing the mug!

tea-sipper

Feel better soon!

mrmopar

Hope you feel better soon Ros.

Kawaii433

Ditto. Ditto. Feel better soon!

VariaTEA

Hope you are feeling better!