Honey Ginseng Defense

Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle

From DAVIDsTEA

This tea is our homage to China’s ancient Eight Treasures blend, which traditionally uses oolong, ginseng and goji.

Immune system need a boost? This tea is filled with feel-good ingredients designed to energize and restore your body’s natural defences.

Oolong tea, goji berries, ginger, marigold blossoms, ginseng, natural honey and goji berry flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Woowww, I didn’t remember that I had tried this at all. Anyhow, I kind of enjoyed it this time. The honey flavour was pleasant and soothing. I should save the rest for the next time I have a cold.

This tea tastes bitter to me…possibly the ginseng to blame there. I can taste the honey a bit which is a nice touch but overall this isn’t my cup of tea.

I worked from home today because my throat was very sore and irritated, and speaking aloud was only making it worse – and I drank a ton of tea while doing so, because it was soothing on my throat.

Generally, I believe licorice root teas are what is recommended for a sore throat but I don’t enjoy the taste of licorice root at all and I personally gravitate more towards things with honey when I have a sore throat. It kind of feeling like it’s “coating” my throat, and is soothing in that way. So, one of the things I drank today was a very large mug of this tea with some added in honey. I think Ginseng may also be good for a sore throat, but I’m not totally sure. I figured it definitely couldn’t hurt though!

Because this is a bit of a sweeter tea on its own anyway, adding honey in only made it that much sweeter and a bit cloying – but since I wasn’t only drinking this cup of taste I just powered through the extra sweetness. The floral undertones, and contrast of red fruit/currant notes were a welcome break from the rich honey body notes. It was ultimately still a very nice cup overall.

I don’t know if it was placebo or not – but I did definitely feel some relief after finishing the mug!

tea-sipper

Feel better soon!

mrmopar

Hope you feel better soon Ros.

Kawaii433

Ditto. Ditto. Feel better soon!

VariaTEA

Hope you are feeling better!