Yunnan Dian Hong Golden Tip

Dried Fruit, Marshmallow, Nutty, Oak wood, Sweet Potatoes
Edit tea info Last updated by tperez

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Very small leaves for a Yunnan black, covered in golden fur. Almost looks like a Jin Jun Mei or other tippy Fujian black. Tastes of sweet potato and wood with a marshmallow-y sweetness and...” Read full tasting note

From Dazzle Deer

This is a top-grade Yun Nan Dian Hong tea. In comparison to a regular grade tea, this black tea contains a higher amount of tea buds, which give it its orange-golden color. The dry tea has a sweet and fruity aroma. The liquor is bright, and tastes full and buttery. If you are drinking this in the Chinese Gongfu way, make sure to pour the tea out quickly during the first 3 steeps to prevent it from getting too strong and sour. This tea can be brewed for at least 8 steeps. Enjoy!

Size: 25g/50g
Type: Black Tea
Harvest Time: April 2017
Origin: Fengqing, Yunnan Province, China
Flavor: Fruity, full, sweet
Resealable kraft paper pouch with foil liner
Shelf Life: 3 years
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Avoid exposure to light.

About Dazzle Deer View company

1 Tasting Note

Very small leaves for a Yunnan black, covered in golden fur. Almost looks like a Jin Jun Mei or other tippy Fujian black. Tastes of sweet potato and wood with a marshmallow-y sweetness and thickness, almost buttery. Sweet potato casserole tea? This would have been a perfect tea to share on Thanksgiving! This is smooth and mild tea, but can get a little sour if overbrewed.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I completely overdid it on the tea orders over Black Friday Weekend… I ordered from:

-Teavivre: Hong Song Zhen black(haven’t tried before) and Tanyang Gongfu black(super yummy), four little ru yao cups, and some samples. Everything I bought was 20% off, I had a ten dollar off coupon from the “lucky draw” and ten dollars worth of rewards points. Got over $50 worth for under $20 including free shipping.

-Mountain Tea Co.: 10.5 oz of their Amber oolong at 10% off. Most of their teas are decent but the Amber oolong is a killer roasted oolong for the price. Stocked up as a daily drinker. $40 dollars shipped, but it will last me a long time.

-Yunnan Sourcing: This is where I went overboard. I had told myself no more YS orders this year. However, I ended up ordering two aged sheng cakes that I had sampled and liked, three (cheapish) ripe cakes, three blacks at 100g each, three tian jian hei cha 50g each, and eleven 25g puerh samples (mostly 2016 autumn and 2017 spring sheng). Over two kilos of tea!

Flavors: Dried Fruit, Marshmallow, Nutty, Oak wood, Sweet Potatoes