Chenpi Pu-erh

Citrus Zest, Rose
Edit tea info Last updated by Hinagiku

4 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Finally my sample box from Grand Tea arrived, actually it was very fast considering was coming from Hong Kong. First tea that I tried is this Chenpi Pu-erh. I have to say that is my first...” Read full tasting note

From Grand Tea

Tangerine Pu-erh tea is a high quality aged and fermented dark tea packed inside the dried peel of a whole tangerine. The tea is smooth with a hint of citrus in the tea leaves.

About Grand Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Finally my sample box from Grand Tea arrived, actually it was very fast considering was coming from Hong Kong. First tea that I tried is this Chenpi Pu-erh. I have to say that is my first experience with Pu-erh so I can’t really do some comparisons neither give a vote, but I can definitely say what I felt. The tea comes in a little dried tangerine and the smell is very interesting: delicate but consistent. As recommended I brewed it with a gaiwan and I rinsed it twice. Dark color, very deep copper – brownish. While tasting of course you’ll feel a bit of tangerine but not so much as you could imagine. Surprisingly I felt a distinct note of rose. I did few infusion and the rose was always there. Nice aftertaste: this particular sensation that the mouth feels when a citrus zest is eaten.
I don’t know if this is my cup of tea :-9 but surely interesting.

Flavors: Citrus Zest, Rose