2003 HK Henry Special Ordered 7542 Menghai

Pu Erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaExplorer
Boiling 8 g 4 oz / 120 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Puerh Tea TTB. This is a nice example of a semi aged tea. It looks like it is no longer available from Hou De. It has aged a fair bit. It has no wet storage taste that I can discern. There is some...” Read full tasting note

From Hou De Asian Art & Fine Teas

Product description not available yet.

About Hou De Asian Art & Fine Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

Puerh Tea TTB. This is a nice example of a semi aged tea. It looks like it is no longer available from Hou De. It has aged a fair bit. It has no wet storage taste that I can discern. There is some bitterness and some sweetness to it along with a fair amount of astringency. I also detect a little bit of smoke but not much. I’m not getting much cha qi off this one. It is interesting to sample something from Hou De Fine Tea as I have never tried anything of theirs before. This qualifies as semi aged in my mind. The tea liquid has started to turn brown but is not fully amber yet.

I steeped this tea eight times in a 120ml gaiwan with 8.4g leaf and boiling water. I gave it a 10 second rinse and a 10 minute rest. I steeped it for 5 sec, 5 sec, 7 sec, 10 sec, 15 sec, 20 sec, 25 sec, anad 30 sec.

Boiling 8 g 4 OZ / 120 ML