Secret de l'Himalaya

Goji Berries, Green Tea
Goji, Sweet
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “Another green tea from MissB. Sadly, not something I like. It smelled nice and sweet and fruity when dry, but tasting it now it’s just… lacking. The green veggie water flavour is fairly mild, but...” Read full tasting note
  • “I… rather like this tea. I’m trying to figure out if I accidentally switched this and Nuit a Versailles, but even just sniffing the bag’s contents, I’m quite certain I didn’t, though. This one is...” Read full tasting note
  • “The is a nice enough tea to drink. It’s a little sweet from the goji and a little vegetal from the base (though not in an offensive way) but at the end of the day it’s not really making a huge...” Read full tasting note
  • “Here’s another sample from OMGsrsly’s endless bag of exciting samples. I think this one came from Sil and MissB, so it’s traveled far! I was skeptical when this green tea called for such a hot...” Read full tasting note

From Jardin du Thé

Mélange de thé vert de Chine, parsemé de baies de goji.

2 à 4 minutes, 95C, 2 gr pour 20CL (1 cuillère pour une tasse).

Green tea with goji berries. 1 tsp per cup.

About Jardin du Thé View company

Another green tea from MissB.

Sadly, not something I like. It smelled nice and sweet and fruity when dry, but tasting it now it’s just… lacking. The green veggie water flavour is fairly mild, but it’s mostly what I’m picking up from the sample.

Oh well. Thanks for sharing, MissB!

I… rather like this tea. I’m trying to figure out if I accidentally switched this and Nuit a Versailles, but even just sniffing the bag’s contents, I’m quite certain I didn’t, though. This one is quite lovely, actually – sweet and fruity, with a bit of a mariney green base. I don’t think I would have guessed goji berries at all though, if I had to guess, as this is pretty sweet.

Anyhow, enjoyable, and I’ll probably enjoy it the next time too. Thanks for sharing, Miss B.

The is a nice enough tea to drink. It’s a little sweet from the goji and a little vegetal from the base (though not in an offensive way) but at the end of the day it’s not really making a huge impact. Once I finish this cup, I’ll probably forget about this tea as it’s just nothing special. Still it is pleasant to try and I am grateful to MissB and Sil for making that happen!

I was skeptical when this green tea called for such a hot steep temperature, but it all worked out. It’s smooth with the best aspects of goji berries: vitamin C sweet, a little tart, and a hint of nuttiness.

Flavors: Goji

Sipdown (111)!

Thanks MissB for the sample!

This is a goji and green tea blend; that’s it. Do you know how excited that made me!? REALLY EXCITED is the answer. I’ve had this ‘theory’, if you will, that I somehow have an inability to taste goji berries ‘cause every time I’ve had a tea in them I haven’t noticed anything remotely like what they’re supposed to taste like. But the goji in this doesn’t have any other flavours to compete with aside for the base so I am stoked to put this theory to the test and maybe learn some things.

And guess what guys… I TASTED THE GOJI!

It was mind blowing; the base was there and pretty nice with some grassy notes but right over top of it, all sparkly and juicy was this pretty incredible fruit flavour! It reminded me of over ripe strawberries and the sweeter side of cranberries. WOW IT WAS GOOD. I don’t know how I’ve been missing out on this flavour for so long either!? Taste buds what’re up with you guys!? You let me down for so long with such an interesting flavour.

In other news; while my Dad was visiting we went out for lunch at the restaurant Tre works at…

I don’t get what he complains about all the time; it’s pretty small, and certainly wasn’t busy at all. There were two other people dining aside from my Dad and I. The service was really good though (maybe ‘cause we walked in and immediately saw Tre though – so he knew we were there). It was a touch freaky having the wait staff know stuff about me ahead of time though; like the fact I’m vegetarian and allergic to mushrooms.

The food was really good; I got a poached pear salad with Saskatoon berry dressing and blue cheese and it was heavenly. Of course, it’s a combination I’m familiar with – Prairie Ink (my favourite restaurant) serves a very similar salad but this one was certainly able to compete with it. When he got home later that night, Tre said he gave me the ‘big pear’. Thanks? It was good, though…

We left a 40% tip – I always tip well (if you can’t afford to tip you can’t afford to eat out), but my Dad doesn’t really believe in tipping. I made sure that it was a good one though; partly because my roommate works there, but also party ’cause it really was a good experience.

Now Tre can’t complain I haven’t been, though!

Another from MissB yes there’s a theme today since i desperately need to be able to pack up her latestet teas to get them out to the west coast crew and the others on this side of the country. I’ve had them for a bit so i really want to get them out to share.

This one, i was pleasantly surprised by. I despise the goji berries that verdant added to their chai – i pick them out every time because of the way it makes the chai taste. This tea though? really quite nice. Again, greens aren’t my favourite tea but this is a really pleasant cup to drink. it’s simple and delicious. thanks for sharing missb!

Hm. Good, not great. Simple tea really, green with goji berries… And it’s pleasant, I’m having zero issue drinking it. Going down easily but mindlessly.

Flavors: Goji, Sweet