2006 Menghai Dayi Gold Medal Product 0562# (602) Ripe Puerh Tea Cake

Pu Erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK
Boiling 10 g 4 oz / 120 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This tea started out poorly. There was a fishy note to the fermentation initially. This lasted about two steeps. The fermentation was a factor for about five steeps. It was bittersweet in the...” Read full tasting note

From Menghai Tea Factory (Pu-erhtea.com)

Product description not available yet.

About Menghai Tea Factory (Pu-erhtea.com) View company

1 Tasting Note

This tea started out poorly. There was a fishy note to the fermentation initially. This lasted about two steeps. The fermentation was a factor for about five steeps. It was bittersweet in the start. It did over twelve steeps evolve into something much nicer. I am on the fence, however if this was a real Dayi product or not. To me it did not completely taste like a real Dayi although it did improve remarkably. I am still waiting for Mr Mopar’s opinion about the wrapper of this cake as to if it looks real.

I brewed this twelve times in a 120ml gaiwan with 10g leaf and boiling water. I gave it a 10 second rinse and a 10 minute rest. I steeped it for 5 sec, 5 sec, 7 sec, 10 sec, 15 sec, 20 sec, 25 sec, 30 sec, 45 sec, 1 min, 1.5 min, and 2 min.

Boiling 10 g 4 OZ / 120 ML
mrmopar

Here is one similar but the wrapping should have been the same.

AllanK