Yunnan Orchid Green

Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Teatotaler

1 Tasting Note View all

From Rishi Tea

Cultivar: Jin Xuan “Golden Lily”
Elevation: 1,850m
Harvest Date: April – May 2016

Our spring micro-lot of Yunnan Orchid Green was selected for its smooth, refreshing character and delicate floral sweetness. The artisans at the Wa Shan tea farm who make this tea borrow techniques from early stages of oolong tea processing to coax out a subtle wildflower aroma in this tea. We chose this tea with the green tea connoisseur in mind, for those seeking a new style or origin of green tea to taste.

Tasting Notes: Refreshing green tea with distinctive notes of sweet chrysanthemum blossoms peaked with subtle wildflower honey and freshly baked chestnut brioche.

Ingredients: Organic green tea

Origin: Yunnan, China

Tea: 1 tbsp (4g) per 8 oz water
Temperature: 190°F
Time: 3-4 minutes

About Rishi Tea View company

Rishi Tea specializes in sourcing the most rarefied teas and botanical ingredients from exotic origins around the globe. This forms a palette from which we craft original blends inspired by equal parts ancient herbal wisdom and modern culinary innovation. Discover new tastes and join us on our journey to leave ‘No Leaf Unturned’.

1 Tasting Note

I happened upon this one at my local tea shop this afternoon. I’ve been experiencing the GI joys of diverticulitis and recently read that green tea can be helpful for that condition. Green tea seems to be quite the panacea, effective for a multitude of miseries.
What a wonderful medicinal – No spoonful of sugar needed to help this medicine go down!

The dry leaf smell is sweet and mildly floral. As the tea steeps the aroma is very strongly evocative of oolong. The flavor too suggests oolong, along with floral notes of chrysanthemums and wildflower blossoms with a bit of honey. There is a mild vegetal note – Just enough to remind you that it’s a green tea you’re drinking.
I was a little leery about the 190F brewing temperature, but no bitterness. I used 3 generous teaspoonfuls for a 16 ounce pot and steeped for four minutes.

Yunnan Orchid Green is a lovely green tea – One of the very best I’ve had. My tummy feels better already.

Flavors: Flowers, Honey, Sweet, Vegetal

Fjellrev

Wow, 100!

Teatotaler

It really is a glorious green! :)