Shenandoah

Fruit Green Herbal Blend
Berry, Candy, Dry Grass, Elderberry, Ginger, Herbaceous, Lemon, Smooth, Sweet, Jam
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “I was feeling a green tea this evening, and there weren’t any in my box of oldest teas. This pouch happened to be the first green tea I clapped eyes on when I pulled open a drawer, so here it is! ...” Read full tasting note

From Simpson & Vail

Part of the National Park Tea Collection

The spectacular Blue Ridge Mountains and lush forests that comprise Shenandoah National Park served as the inspiration for our refreshing, misty green colored cup. With the plethora of fruits, herbs, and flowers found in Shenandoah, narrowing down the many choices took some time and testing. Ultimately, I settled on a blend that makes you feel like you’re on a relaxing vacation among the thousands of green trees and flowers throughout the park. The lively notes of lemon are accompanied by a hint of ginger and a delicate elderberry finish. A bonus to this blend is the addition of the butterfly pea flowers-get a blue flower in your teaspoon to experience a unique blue/green colored cup.

Ingredients: Green tea, lemon peel, ginger pieces, natural lemon flavor, and butterfly pea flowers.

Brew tea at 180º – steep for 2 minutes.

4 Ounces of loose tea makes approximately 50 cups of tea.

About Simpson & Vail View company

I was feeling a green tea this evening, and there weren’t any in my box of oldest teas. This pouch happened to be the first green tea I clapped eyes on when I pulled open a drawer, so here it is! I’ve been really pleasantly surprised by this National Park collection in general, so I’m excited to try this one out.

I will say this is bit less unique than some of the other teas in the collection, as it’s mostly just a ginger lemon green tea. That’s not to say it’s not enjoyable, because it is. There’s a nice balance between the lemon and the ginger, with just enough spiciness paired with a sweet lemon drop-esque sort of note. The base is quite grassy, but in a dry way, and it gives the tea an almost herbal character. Paired together with the classic lemon and ginger, it’s a very comforting flavor.

I do actually notice the elderberry peeping in at the end of the sip, though I admit I probably wouldn’t have identified it if I hadn’t read the description. I really like the combination of the elderberry and the lemon, and it also gives a nice syrupy depth. I will say there’s no elderberry flavoring mentioned in the ingredients, which makes me wonder what else they’ve left out… :P

Anyway, it’s definitely a cozy sort of tea, and I’m sure it would really hit the spot if I were feeling under the weather, or even just on a rainy day.

Flavors: Berry, Candy, Dry Grass, Elderberry, Ginger, Herbaceous, Lemon, Smooth, Sweet

gmathis

I’ve never tried elderberry and lemon together, though I will likely be trotting it out with cold and flu season around the corner. (I know I like it with cinnamon.)

Cameron B.

This was my first time trying it too, I think it’s fairly similar to blueberry and lemon, which I also love together.