Russian Caravan Black Tea

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Barsomn
Boiling 8 min or more 10 oz / 295 ml

• “This tea takes well to a second infusion. You will need to full boil and steep for a long time but I was able to pull out some woody sweetness. It’s a delicate tea especially after the cinders of...” Read full tasting note

From Solstice Tea Traders

Russian Caravan tea draws its name as it was originally transported by camel caravans from Asia to Europe by way of Russia using camel caravans. As a result, sometimes this tea has been called “camel caravan tea”. It actually gets its smoky taste from the inclusion of Lapsang Souchong in the blend, but it definitely evokes memories of that smoky fireside on the long six-month journey to Europe.
Each tea is packed fresh to order in a foil zipper pouch and heat sealed to preserve freshness. Our foil bags are great storage options for your tea, with no need to repack into other canisters to preserve freshness.

Approx. 50mg of Caffeine per 6oz cup

About Solstice Tea Traders View company

It’s a delicate tea especially after the cinders of Lapsang Shouchong burn through the first cup brewed.

Still experimenting with oversteeping as I like this tea too strong, as if I mixed only a touch of fresh water with some заварка (zavarka,) I’ll report back when I have the proper infuser tools to make it strong enough.