2005 Aged CNNP Zhong Cha Yunnan Puer Ripe Cooked Tuo Cha

Earth, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK
Boiling 5 g 5 oz / 150 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I purchased this tea from a local coffee/tea shop in the heart of downtown Canton, Ohio. My wife ordered a few bricks and cakes from Yunnan Sourcing, but I was too eager to try a pu-erh “the right...” Read full tasting note

From Streetshop88

Product description not available yet.

About Streetshop88 View company

1 Tasting Note

I purchased this tea from a local coffee/tea shop in the heart of downtown Canton, Ohio. My wife ordered a few bricks and cakes from Yunnan Sourcing, but I was too eager to try a pu-erh “the right way.” So, I went to this shop, where I knew I’d find bricks of tea, and bought one.

I’m currently on my fourth steep (after two quick rinses) and it’s a solid tea. From the research that I’ve done, pu-erh can go through this process quite a lot. Which is nice, since I enjoy having a tea that can be re-steeped abundantly. However, with this tea, the fourth steep is just as solid as the first; I can see myself drinking this chunk of tea for a long time today.

Anyway, the tea reminds me of a nice hike in the woods. It’s earthy the way a pu-erh ought to be…There’s a flavor that is left on the back of the tongue that I can’t quite think of, but it’s smooth going down. The tea is rich, earthy, smooth, and has me longing for a good hike!

(Side Note: I did two rinses before serving the tea. I did two 15-20 second rinses. I started with a 30 second rinse, and added 30 seconds after that to each steep. I’m not sure if that’s “the right way,” but it works for me.)

Here’s a short video that I shot after purchasing the tea. I’ll post a follow up video!

Flavors: Earth, Wood