Strawberries and Cream

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Citric Acid, Hibiscus, Milk, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Rose Hips, Strawberry, Sugar
Sour, Strawberry, Tart, Creamy, Hibiscus, Berries, Fruity, Sweet, Tangy, Thick, Berry, Cream, Lemon, Red Fruits
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

• “Was quite underwhelmed by this one. The smell was amazing, but the taste did not match my expectations once brewed. Couldn’t place my finger on the problem, but thinking it might be the yoghurt...” Read full tasting note
  • “Not sure how I feel about this tea. It smells AMAZING but tastes mediocre. I was expecting a really creamy-tasting tea, but in reality it’s very tart. In the store I was tossing up between...” Read full tasting note
  • “Strawberries and Cream is a sweet tasting fruit tissane. It tastes of strawberry (there really is no cream taste to it) and by itself is not overpowering or sickly sweet, instead it has a light...” Read full tasting note
  • “Pleasant tart berry beverage, nothing stands out to me in particular. Like many others, I didn’t perceive a creamy element in this … until the very, very, very, very last two tiny siplets, when I...” Read full tasting note

From T2

An absolute dessert delight. A gorgeous blend of hibiscus petals and rosehips with apple, strawberries and yogurt brews a beautiful red infusion with a bright, sweet aroma. A velvety sweet sensation with a crisp, tart finish. Fruity and floral, this is a refreshing breeze on a summer’s day. One of our most popular fruit tisanes, strawberry fields are indeed forever.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, rosehip, strawberry granules (glucose syrup, strawberries, fructose, modified starch, sodium alginate), sweet blackberry leaves, yoghurt crispies (skimmed milk yoghurt, sugar, maltodextrine, modified starch, citric acid), natural and artificial flavor

Brewing Guide: 1 tsp per cup, 3-5 min, 100 C (212 F)

About T2 View company

Was quite underwhelmed by this one. The smell was amazing, but the taste did not match my expectations once brewed. Couldn’t place my finger on the problem, but thinking it might be the yoghurt drops. These work much better in something like DavidsTea’s southern belle than this one. Won’t repurchase.

Winter Salo

My Mum doesn’t like Strawberries & Cream either – you might want to try Strawberry Sensation by T2 it’s not my cup of tea because it’s not as sweet as Strawberries & Cream and lacks the ‘creaminess’ but I find people are searching for a strawberry tea really like it. It’s quite nice iced too.

TassieTeaGirl

Might have a look! t that one when I’m next at my local T2 stockist. Thanks!

TassieTeaGirl

So I tried this again (can’t say I give up easily!), iced this time, and I think I’ve worked out my issue. Its the hibiscus. I usually like it in teas, but I think this time its wildly out of proportion with the strawberries. Will try Strawberry Sensation when their store opens in my city next weekend!!!

Not sure how I feel about this tea. It smells AMAZING but tastes mediocre. I was expecting a really creamy-tasting tea, but in reality it’s very tart. In the store I was tossing up between fruitalicious and strawberries and cream. There was a free taster for fruitalicious, and I thought it tasted really nice, but the girl told me strawberries and cream was ‘creamier’ tasting, so I decided to give it a go. I wish I had purchased fruitalicious now…. this tea is way too tart for my liking.

Strawberries and Cream is a sweet tasting fruit tissane. It tastes of strawberry (there really is no cream taste to it) and by itself is not overpowering or sickly sweet, instead it has a light almost refreshing taste. It is closer to a soda drink than a herbal tea as it has no lingering after taste.

It makes a desert in itself if had warm, but is really best enjoyed icey-cold – it is satisfying, healthy and deliciously refreshing. If making as an ice-tea you should leave to infuse for a minimum of 30 minutes preferably overnight in fridge. It is well complemented by T2 Turkish Apple (dissolve in boiling water) with strawberries and cream to infuse, this is a really lovely ice-tea.

Pleasant tart berry beverage, nothing stands out to me in particular. Like many others, I didn’t perceive a creamy element in this … until the very, very, very, very last two tiny siplets, when I did detect an interesting creamy note (I think). I suppose what little dregs there were in the bottom of the cup actually contained a bit of the yogurt cream-like ingredient. Maybe next time I’ll leave a bit floating in the cup as an experiment. For Science!

This smells delicious in the packet and also once steeped. It’s very strong on the strawberry front and I do get a luscious dollop of cream, too. However, taste wise, this is a bit of a let down. It’s very tart from the hibiscus, and the creaminess I can smell just doesn’t materialise. As a fruity tea, this isn’t bad. I do taste the strawberry (not so much the apple), but it’s really sour. I’m not enjoying this as much as the smell (and the name) led me to believe I would. I don’t think I would even enjoy this iced.

Flavors: Sour, Strawberry, Tart

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

It’s funny, I remember I quite liked this as an evening tea before reading reviews that said it has a beautiful aroma, but the taste doesn’t stand up. So I went back & tried it again, & now I see exactly what they mean. I was letting the heavenly aroma, with its strong strawberry & creamy notes, trick my tastebuds. Once I really concentrated on the taste, rather than smell, it proved less berry, much less cream and more hibiscus. It’s also quite tart, & because I don’t like to add sugar if I can help it, I think it isn’t the tea for me (unless it was just to brew a cup & sit it beside me like an air infuser!).
How disappointing – if the taste matched the aroma this tea would be AMAZING. If the aroma wasn’t SO good, the tea by itself would be pretty good, but once the expectation was set it just didn’t deliver.
Still enjoyable, but I’ll look for a better version.

Flavors: Creamy, Hibiscus, Strawberry, Tart

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 250 ML

326/365

This one smells absolutely delicious, both dry and once brewed! Unfortunately (and like many teas of this ilk) it doesn’t quite carry over into the flavour. In terms of taste, this one’s pretty hibi-heavy, although it doesn’t look to be when you’re just looking at the dry leaf. There are lots of apple and freeze-dried strawberry pieces, but I suppose as an ingredient hibi is always going to trump those. I can taste strawberry, but it’s really too tart/sour to really live up to its name – especially when brewed hot. There’s not much in the way of creaminess, except perhaps right at the end of the sip. You have to concentrate, though! I’m wondering whether a cold brew would suit this one better, but in general I don’t feel fruit blends are really T2’s strength. Their black blends, on the other hand…

This one’s okay, but I don’t love it.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

A Berry Frui-tea July! Another T2 sampler sipdown! I usually prepare these iced, but this one had yogurt granules in it, so I decided to just drink it as a hot cuppa instead of waiting for it to chill (I didn’t want to cold steep it since I wanted the yogurt granules to melt, and was feeling lazy to wait for the hot tea to chill, so figured, eh, a warm fruit tea with my raspberry jam toast at breakfast certainly can’t hurt!) I wanted to use the sampler up and it makes two servings, so I used my big ol’ 16 oz. mug and had a large double-sized cuppa. Such a bright red infusion on ol’ Red White and Blue Day, too!

The dry leaf had lots of apple in it, but the brewed cup definitely smells very strawberry. It has a very rich berry profile, but that could be because I’m drinking it warm rather than iced, and I find that hibiscus tends to have a thicker mouthfeel to me when prepared that way (which is why I prefer these kinds of teas iced). There is a sweet strawberry top note, but the hibi-hip gives it an underlying dark berry flavor note that follows. There is a nice juxtaposion of sweet and tangy fruit notes that play on the tongue — it starts sweet, has a tangy mid-sip, and ends sweet. It’s really nice! There is a lot of tart ‘n tangy hibi-hip, but the apple and yogurt add a lot of sweetness to the cup too, and I’m really enjoying how those flavors mesh with each other. I’d probably like this more as an iced tea, but am pleasantly surprised how enjoyable this was as a warm cuppa. Something about the warm strawberry was very relaxing, reminding me of hot pastry filling.

Flavors: Berries, Fruity, Hibiscus, Strawberry, Sweet, Tangy, Tart, Thick

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Smells amazing like the perfect strawberry cheesecake. However it’s a huge letdown once steeped. Tastes like old strawberry juice that has been fermenting under the sun with lemon juice added in. It’s very sour and not at all creamy and the taste is nowhere near what it smelt like.

Another in store sample… Smelled AMAZING, tasted almost as I was expecting. Again, not iced tea season for me, but if this stays around, I would definitely consider more.