Bao Tang 2017 Spring

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by derk

1 Tasting Note View all

• “A random sample in my last TU order! This Bao Tang reminds me pretty strongly of Yiwu in character, with a relatively soft and sweet flavor. There’s scarcely any youthful astringency to this tea....” Read full tasting note

From Tea Urchin

This is a follow up cake to our popular 2013 Bao Tang (now sadly sold out). We love Bao Tang for it’s high elevation, and old trees growing in natural forest environment. This tea has a noticeable aroma & flavour of baked rice puffs. And whilst stronger than Yiwu tea, is low on bitterness and very clean & pure – our house style! The second infusion brings out a satisfyingly oily, thick mouthfeel. This tea will make you salivate. Enjoy the hint of mint that comes with the huigan!

About Tea Urchin View company

1 Tasting Note

A random sample in my last TU order! This Bao Tang reminds me pretty strongly of Yiwu in character, with a relatively soft and sweet flavor. There’s scarcely any youthful astringency to this tea. The sweetness is mostly vegetal and floral, not really leaning towards the cakey/vanilla sweetness that can be present in some Yiwu. The texture is where this tea really shone for me. It’s oily and thick both in the mouth and down the throat. True to TU’s description, there is a bit of a cooling sensation in the finish of this tea.