Mao Feng Green Tea

Green Tea
Grass, Green, Metallic, Seaweed, Floral, Apple, Fruity, Peach, Artichoke, Butter, Smoke, Fishy, Grass Seed
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Teapigs

Pure, delicate green tea from the misty hills of the Mao Feng region. Prompting hints of peach, apricot and fresh summer days when drinking

About Teapigs View company

Drank my two teabags of this at work today. It’s been a busy and fustrating day pretty much in equal measure, so I didn’t get chance to drink a lot. I’m trying to change that — I don’t do myself any favours by becoming dehydrated and headachey — but it all went out of the window with my plans today. Still, I managed two cups of this, so things could be worse. It’s a fairly pleasant green, smooth and very grassy. It’s not the tea I remember from the first time I tried it, but it’s pretty good all the same. Easy to drink, refreshing, and fuss-free because it’s bagged. Just the thing today.

Fresh! Summery. Green sweet but a little grassy, too…not bad! Would have again!

The last tea from my Tea Pig tasting session today. This was a lovely golden colour when brewed and smelled very fresh.
It was a nice green tea but was rather bitter after a while and it just got stronger and stronger, perhaps next time I shall do a faster steeping to see if that fixes the problem.
Overall it’s an average green tea, perfect for every day use but not for those special moments. This tea just isn’t for me.

TeaBrat

Have you tried steeping it at a lower temperature? I usually do mine at 170 – 180 F which cuts down on the bitterness.

KittyLovesTea

When I do my other green tea’s I always use warm water instead of boiling but my husband made this one so I didn’t have a choice lol. You are right though it may help to reduce the bitterness, I will try it tomorrow. I just checked the Tea Pigs website as well and they said to use boiling water :/

Very drinkable. It lacks the depth of some other green teas but is perfect for everyday drinking.

As with many green teas, can be bitter and a little dry, however with a few cups, can be praised over for its light taste and refreshing, earthy scent. Good for a quick wake-up, (leaves have good character too and are fun to watch unfurling).

My favourite green tea by far!

Was cleaning out my cubby at work and found this stashed at the back! Def forgot that I brought some teabags with me to work. I also found a small bag od David’s Silk Dragon Jasmine in the bottom of my drawer hahaha

This tea tastes like a traditional straight green tea. Actually pretty good, it isn’t overwhelmingly grassy, but still has a great green tea flavor to it!

Sidenote: I cleaned out my desk, cubby, drawers, and past my keys to my backfill. I’ve been at the Grand for the past 3.5 years and now it’s off to go to the Boardwalk! I start at my new location tomorrow… excited, but nervous. I literally don’t know anyone over there so it’ll be nice to start fresh.

An above average green tea. Definitely better than any green tea I’ve had while being out for lunch or supper (I’m looking at you Bigelow and Higgins & Burke!) For a grocery store tea, it’s pretty good! Tastes like what I imagine a green tea should taste like, strong on the plant-like flavour which I enjoy. What lost points on this one for me was the tea bag itself. I hate these plastic-y tea bags. I just don’t imagine them to be healthy or eco-friendly. The other thing I didn’t like was the metallic after-taste at the end of every sip. If it wasn’t for that, I would have given it an even higher rating. I like it but I don’t love it.

Flavors: Grass, Green, Metallic, Seaweed

My first tea from the GCTTB ! :) Although this is a bagged tea it is full leaf and it’s in a cute, see through, pyramid shaped bag. Nice :)

I’ve had at least one other Mao Feng Green before and it’s usually more vegetal/buttery. This one, however was very floral (but without bitterness). Nonetheless, it was quite enjoyable and convenient to have today as I have 3 appointments and many chores to do (there goes my day off lol). I Loved watching the leaves unravel in the pyramid too :).

Flavors: Floral

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML
Mookit

I like this one too! Excited to see what’s in the box :)

Not your typical green tea at all. Beautiful light gold color, fresh grassy yet spicy nose. I was pleasantly surprised by the minimal astringency and the bright, fruity taste of peaches and apples. There is a light body but a lingering finish that reveals its green tea flavor. Overall a surprisingly delightful blend that will surely be a regular in my cupboard!

Flavors: Apple, Fruity, Peach