White Chocolate Puer

Pu-erh Tea
Natural Flavours, Pu Erh Tea, Rose Petals, Yabao
Earth, Vanilla, White Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by mcmattley

1 Tasting Note View all

• “A very smooth puer blend, that is rich and much better than I expected. I’m surprised at how good this stuff turned out. It’s an inexpensive puer that you would think loses its luster with the...” Read full tasting note

From TeaSource

This puer blend is hearty, aromatic, extremely smooth, and sweet with a hint of chocolate decadence.

About TeaSource View company

1 Tasting Note

A very smooth puer blend, that is rich and much better than I expected.

I’m surprised at how good this stuff turned out. It’s an inexpensive puer that you would think loses its luster with the blend overpowering the puer taste. Not really, though. I get a vanilla and white tea flavor with some earthiness to balance it out.

Now, it won’t develop different taste profiles over steeps or over time, which is a lot of the fun of other puers. But if you want to make a foray into the world of shou puer tea, this could be a “gateway tea”.

For me it gives an excellent l-theanine buzz as well. Again, I don’t know if other people ever get this feeling but I love it.

And if you look at the current price, this is one of the cheaper puer teas at TeaSource.

All that combines to a solid rating, especially at the current price. But it’s not like a typical puer – so as long as you are okay with that, go ahead and try it out. This one reminds me a lot of the Iron Silk Puer blend, and though I haven’t tried it yet, the Sticky Rice Puer blend. (I think my next purchase may be a refill of this along with Sticky Rice.)

Flavors: Earth, Vanilla, White Chocolate