Dried Hawthorn Fruit (Shanzha) Slices Herbal Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

1 Tasting Note View all

From Teavivre

Original Place:Shandong Province, China

Dry leaf: Circular slices, dried and comparatively hard with bright red skin and mild yellow Fruit flesh.

Aroma: Strong sour aroma

Liquid: Yellowish, looks slightly turbid for the tiny bits of fruit flesh.

Taste: Tastes light sour, sweet and mouth-watering afterwards.

Big and plump fresh hawthorn fruits are selected to be sliced after cleaned, and then to be dried. The well-made hawthorn fruit slices are thick, which can retain the nutrition and natural taste of hawthorn fruits. The slight sour taste of hawthorn can increase appetite and promote digestion. Besides, it is rich in vitamins and trace elements and also has slimming, beautifying, and activating blood and hypolipidemic effects. Of course, you can add some sugar or honey, and no matter cold drinks or hot drinks, they have good flavor.

About Teavivre View company

1 Tasting Note

Cold Brew!

So I grabbed this one around Black Friday using some of my points because I thought it’d make a very nice iced tea. I’ve been really fond of the inclusion of Hawthorn in other teas/tisanes I’ve tried it with so I wanted to give it a shot on its own.

Steeped up, this actually ends up being a very, very faintly pink tinted liquor. It was so light in fact that are first glance I was worried it hadn’t really infused well/I’d possibly under leafed it and it wouldn’t taste right. Definitely not the case though; I stained this one and was pleasantly surprised at the punch the flavour had!

I mean, it’s very very sour! Like, the first moments you pop a sour candy like Sour Patch Kids or even possibly a Warhead into your mouth. I like it though because that kind of sourness is so drastically different than the sourness/tartness of hibiscus. And it’s hard to explain how they’re different, but suffice to say if you have a cup of either steeped up and were doing a blindfolded taste test you would DEFINITELY know which is which. It’s like a hibiscus infusion has more body/is thicker, but while this is VERY sour it’s a lighter, thinner sourness? I’m into it though.

I mean, I totally could NOT just drink it whenever – I’d definitely need to be in the mood for something with this kind of punch, but it’s a nice, unique flavour.

Mastress Alita

I’ve never even heard of this, but I love tart and tangy flavors like hibiscus! I definitely want to try this out!