2012 Menghai 0532 Premium Ripe Puerh Tea

Pu Erh Tea
Dates
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK
Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 9 g 18 oz / 532 ml

• “I tried this one based on Allan’s very positive review. I was not disappointed. It is quite rich and hearty, a fine example of a solid Dayi ripe. It is fairly smooth and deep, with just a touch of...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is an excellent ripe puerh from Menghai Tea Factory. It is one of their best numbered cakes without a doubt. I have this one in 2008 and 2012 and I think 2011. It is excellent with a moderate...” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

Product description not available yet.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

I tried this one based on Allan’s very positive review. I was not disappointed. It is quite rich and hearty, a fine example of a solid Dayi ripe. It is fairly smooth and deep, with just a touch of bitterness and fishiness in early steepings. Overall a very nice tea for the price.

AllanK

I’m glad you liked it. I bought a tong about a year ago. The 2008 is even better.

Rich

I’ll try that one tomorrow. YS just upped the price of that 2008 to $38! That’s like a 33% increase since last month.

This is an excellent ripe puerh from Menghai Tea Factory. It is one of their best numbered cakes without a doubt. I have this one in 2008 and 2012 and I think 2011. It is excellent with a moderate amount of fermentation flavor left. It is not for those who can’t stand a little fermentation flavor but it is good.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 8.8g leaf and boiling water for 30 sec. I most often brew this in the morning so it doesn’t often get gongfu brewed but it is good western style too.

Flavors: Dates

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 8 g 18 OZ / 532 ML
mrmopar

The 2007 from Yunnan Sourcing is excellent also.