Jing Mai Mountain Raw Pu-erh Tea Cha Gao

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by DJPAS

From Yunnan Sourcing

Product description not available yet.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

I got a few of these ‘instant puerhs’ because I had a lot of little samples of expensive puerh, but I wanted something I could make and drink guilt free while thinking about the generic qualities of puerh, an unfamiliar genre to me. Also I’m lazy lol.

Quite a dark color, not totally clear, and I taste something nutty and umami that I identify as storage, so it feels like this was from relatively mature tea. The green foil wrapper says ‘gu shu / cha gao’. The brassy green flavor of sheng is present, also a hint of chocolate, and the aftertaste has the bell pepper spiciness that jingmai has. The body is thicker than the jinggu cha gao, which was a bit light and watery for my taste. I get some qi from this. There’s a lingering impression on the mouth, but it’s hard to pinpoint, probably because I had some astringent green tea not long ago. It seems like this method can actually preserve a decent representation of the complexity of the puerh, if done well. I think I’ll use double the dosage next time I try the jinggu.

0 g 12 OZ / 350 ML
derk

Jinggu teas in general tend to feel flat in my mouth. Have you had any puerh from Jinggu besides the other cha gao you tried?

vannesa

Nope, I have no idea about Jinggu! I’ve had a Jingmai sheng, a few Menghai shous, and the rest were unspecified blends.

derk

I have a few Jinggu sheng I could send you for nothing in return to see if they’re to your liking. To be honest, I’m not sure if they’re truly representative of the region but they’d be a start to your exploration.

vannesa

Aww, that’s very generous! I’ll get back to you once I know what my postal address is going to be,

derk

Sure, just send me a private message whenever. In the meantime, enjoy some tea :)

Love it, pretty sweet tasting, good colour and nice smell
I got many steeps out of it
Will get back and review more after more tasting

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 1 g 3 OZ / 100 ML