Sweet Coconut Island

Fruit Herbal Blend
Coconut, Creamy, Pineapple, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 11 oz / 325 ml

From Zen Tea

This sweet and mild combination of coconut and tropical fruits will transfer you to a tropical island.

Ingredients: apple pieces, carrot, pumpkin, pineapple, coconut chips, natural flavour
Preparation (1 cup): 1 teaspoon, boiling water, 5 ~ 8 minutes

About Zen Tea View company

Here’s Hoping TTB

This is yummy! Sweet and creamy with lots of pina colada flavor. Sad they sold out of it before I got to snag some in their clearance sale.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Pineapple

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I ordered probably tooo much tea when browsing their clearance, couple that with all the spending I’ve been doing at DavidsTea, I need a tea spending break.

This tea though! I made it iced and it’s like sweet but unsweeted coconut juice! Recently I tried Coco Colada and really disliked it because it tasted like coconut water, which can sometimes have that strange slightly sour potassium? taste. This is what I was looking for when I tried that tea! There’s not much else to say about it though? It’s really yummy and refreshing, but it’s also at first taste pretty one dimensional. I’m pretty tired though, so maybe I’ll rewrite this review later

Here’s Hoping TTB.

This tastes almost exactly like pina colada candy. I’m most familiar with this flavor from lifesavers and dum dum suckers. I’m a big fan of pina colada, so I’m enjoying this. I feel like it’s not something I would reach for often, but I would really enjoy it on occasion

Flavors: Coconut, Pineapple, Sweet

I bought this tea after Tea Sipper recommended it. They were gaga over it, saying it was one of their favourite fruit blends, so how could I ignore such an endorsement?

Because this was an herbal tea that contained only chunks of fruit, I decided to get 50 grams instead of only 10 — 10 grams of such a dense, heavy tea would have been too little to experiment with.

Opening up the package, I was greeted with a colourful mix of dried chunks of carrot, pineapple, coconut, apple, and pumpkin. If you look closely at the picture, you can pick out the carrot and pumpkin pieces in particular, which are a sort of muted orange here amid the white flakes of coconut and the glassy chunks of candied pineapple.

As expected, the smell was amazing — a rich, sweet, juicy smell of pina colada from the pineapple and coconut. Tropical! I was pleasantly surprised by how much the pineapple and coconut dominated the scent considering they weren’t as prominent in the dried leaf compared to the other ingredients.

Because the tea leaf was made of such thick chunks, I decided to brew this one with boiling water rather than cold water to give the pieces a chance to reconstitute properly. So I took half the package (about 27 grams), poured about 6 cups of cold water in the pitcher, let the pitcher sit on the counter for about half an hour, then put the whole thing in the fridge to cool for the rest of the day.

The resulting tea was a pale amber with a touch of cloudiness. Maybe it was the coconut that made it cloudy, or that there was so much dried fruit in general? It looked very promising.

However, the promise didn’t hold up to the taste. While I certainly did taste pineapple and coconut, to me the carrot and pumpkin flavours won out. They made the whole thing taste starchy and pale, rather than juicy and vibrant like I was expecting. I still have half the packet left, so I’ll need to see how it tastes when brewed with less water. Right now, though, this tea was a bit of a letdown.

Full review at: http://booksandtea.ca/2016/07/fruity-iced-teas-zen-tea/

WOW. Officially one of the best fruit herbals I’ve had. It is naturally sweet, and quite enjoyable. Three cups total. Coconut is dominant, but the other fruit pieces are incredibly wonderful. I dig the apples, the carrots, the pineapples, and the pumpkin. Even as this brews, it brings different variants of the awesome ingredients. I’m totally biased to coconut, so if you love coconut, this is yours. And $7.34 for 100g? Deal.

Aroma: sweet, nutty, tropical, tangy
Flavor: What is going on in my mouth?!?!?! It starts off smooth with an unknown, indescribable flavor and slowly makes its way to an amazing coconut and pineapple sensation! Pumpkin and carrot….what?! I can’t wrap my head around this tisane. Had to cold steep it because I dislike using hotel Keurigs. The water gets way to hot for me. I think this is better cold.

GCTTB V1

Last tea of the night for me; I’ve had a day of mixed tea drinking success so I picked something from the box that seemed like a really safe choice.

And I have to say, I know my palate pretty well ‘cause this is delightful! Mostly it’s a lot of sweet, tropical coconut just like advertised/promised. There’s a nice fruity undertone to it though: a little bit of pineapple and a little bit of apple? Maybe something just a touch extra, like a hint of mango? Whatever it is, it works. Actually, now that I’m thinking about it this reminds me a lot of all the elements I really enjoyed in DAVIDsTEA’s Tropicalia blend. All the flavours are kind of classic pairings: nothing out of the ordinary here. It’s the balance between them that sort of sets this apart though.

It’s a perfect way to cap off the night, though!

Evol Ving Ness

I thought you would like this one. :)

1906 tasting notes

GCTTB
This tea tastes like toasted coconut with added creamy sweetness, like the coconut milk was added to the blend along with the meat. There’s a tropical fruit undertone that’s mostly pineapple and all tastiness. Excellent both hot and iced, this would make an excellent mixer for some kind of summer cocktail.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Here’s Hoping Traveling Tea Box

Succulent, juicy, tropical fruit magic! I absolutely MUST remove at least another cup of this gem before I pass the TTB on this weekend. This fruit blend tea has several different fruity pieces that make up it’s bulk. I taste primarily Coconut and pineapple with a creaminess that must come from the coconut. I didn’t taste any of the hibiscus which others have, but I will agree with them as to the pina colada-esque flavour! I am very sad now that when Zen tea had that special steepster sale I didn’t have the funds to take advantage of their generous offer. :(
Anyway, if you get the chance to try this and you enjoy pina coladas I cannot recommend this tea enough!!

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Pineapple

Nicole

So… what are your thoughts on trying this turned into a slushy ice? :)

TeaNTees

Thanks sounds phenomenal Nicole! Scrumptious ;)

TeaNTees

That* lol

tea-sipper

I don’t think there is any hibiscus in this one… but I’m glad you love it. :D

I needed another tea to cold brew without the dreaded hibiscus. I don’t mind hibiscus when it doesn’t overwhelm the tea, but it gets a little tiring when it is in EVERY fruit tea. Anyway, there’s none in this one so yay!
And really, I couldn’t pass up the 50% off sale they had in March. I have so much tea already, so what’s a little more right ;p. I picked up 100g of it because it was so cheap!

I cold Brewed this tea for about 20 hours. This tea is sweet coconut and pineapple. It tastes very tropical and almost like a pina colada, which is my favourite alcoholic drink. Yum

Mookit

Wow, that’s a long cold brew! Did it end up pretty strong in flavour?

Kristal

I totally agree on the hibiscus thing. I’m thinking in the summer I may go to a bulk store and buy dehydrated fruit pieces and make my own fruit blends without hibiscus. Also, I was looking around at a local tea shop and they sell individual herbs/ingredients including elderberries and orange peel, which may be fun to experiment with :)

tigress_al

Mookit— I usually cold brew my herbals for that long, I don’t find that they are super strong in flavour when brewed this way.
Kristal— keep me informed how your experiments work out! I was thinking of trying that too the other day!

Kristal

Will do! But it’ll prob be a couple months til I get to that- it’s still snowing here in my hometown and often under 0 Degrees Celsius :(