Red Lantern Tea
Popular Teas from Red Lantern TeaSee All 4 Teas
Recent Tasting Notes
Inexpensive ($4.49)100g toucha that is available also in a 5pack option at 19.99.
Fist size, hard as a rock.
4g to 60z Gaiwan. 2 Rinses.
1st woodsy, musty smelling and kind of old tasting.
Leaves grey green brown (khaki) color, small and shredded….everywhere (messy-like) when wet. Smell mucky.
2. Bitter, Bitter, Bitter
3. Tongue on fire like a chili pepper—still bitter.
4. Bitter/hot with a slight creaminess.
5. Same—creaminess is developing some tempering the heat.
6. More creaminess all else the same. Done here. I am not enjoying this much. The leaves look like they are not enjoying it much either.
Taste buds peaked. Some creaminess did show up. Hot pepper type Sheng/rough on the mouth.
- light body
- extremely gentle aftertaste