drank Green Tea by El Gawhara

EllieTea4Me sent me this tea for a tea exchange. I have had it a few times but didn’t really know how to describe it. Then I came home from work and had it next to my Whittard Gunpowder Tea as a comparison. The water was about 88 degC soo a bit hotter than I would have liked, but I couldn’t be bothered to perfect it.

The gunpowder tea was a more rounded flavour and this El Gawhara had less of an initial flavour but a more intense aftertaste. El Gawhara reminded me slightly of sprouts and the gunpowder more of broccoli I suppose. So far the Gunpowder tea is winning, although I do like El Gawhara – and I like sprouts too! Even though the Gunpowder tea had a more rounded flavour the El Gawhara seemed to be filling. I know there won’t be any difference, but El Gawhara seemed more like a food, and that’s what I needed, because I haven’t eaten since lunchtime and I come back from work hungry.

So there you have it, two quite different green teas that I will drink in different situations and I will enjoy them both

I finished being a student in 2008 and began working in The North, where “tea” means “evening meal” which confuses me regularly. I love encouraging people to try new teas, but when I’m not doing that, I play the trombone, play some sport (badly) and socialise

UK