drank Green Tea by El Gawhara

EllieTea4Me sent me this tea for a tea exchange. I have had it a few times but didn’t really know how to describe it. Then I came home from work and had it next to my Whittard Gunpowder Tea as a comparison. The water was about 88 degC soo a bit hotter than I would have liked, but I couldn’t be bothered to perfect it.

The gunpowder tea was a more rounded flavour and this El Gawhara had less of an initial flavour but a more intense aftertaste. El Gawhara reminded me slightly of sprouts and the gunpowder more of broccoli I suppose. So far the Gunpowder tea is winning, although I do like El Gawhara – and I like sprouts too! Even though the Gunpowder tea had a more rounded flavour the El Gawhara seemed to be filling. I know there won’t be any difference, but El Gawhara seemed more like a food, and that’s what I needed, because I haven’t eaten since lunchtime and I come back from work hungry.

So there you have it, two quite different green teas that I will drink in different situations and I will enjoy them both

I moved from the UK to Australia in 2015. I’ve had a fascination with tea since university, and like to try lots of different types. My preference is for real tea over other infusions: green tea, oolong and black, including flavoured varieties. I love encouraging people to try new teas. I also play the trombone.
>90: Some of the best I’ve had so far.
80-90: I love this tea, likely to buy again
70-80: Good tea. Most tea in my cupboard is in this category because it’s fine to drink it all day!
50-70: I’d drink it if it was offered to me, and I’ll drink what’s in the cupboard, but I’m unlikely to buy it again.

Hobart, Australia