This tea is ok, but not one of my favorites.

The smell of the tea in the bag is something akin to potpourri. I was a little scared. I brewed it as directed (160 F) and got mostly hot water taste. So I brewed it again at boiling temp and got much better flavor out of it. I tried it unsweetened and didn’t like it much and then I sweetened it pretty well with agave nectar and the pear flavor started to pop. This has a nice pear flavor and definitely has spice. I taste cinnamon and I think cloves. Luckily it tastes much better than it smelled in the bag.

Cofftea

Hmmm when I think potpourri I think floral and not spice. Would it taste good iced maybe?

Kristin

No, the potpourri was the pre-brewed smell of the leaves. Once brewed the flavor is pear and spice. I don’t think it would work as an iced tea.

Comments

Cofftea

Kristin

Rating Scale:
90-100 – Love it. Must order this one again.
75-90 – Pretty good. Maybe I’ll order it again.
60-75 – It’s ok. Drinkable. It’s not my thing, but someone else might love it. Won’t order again.
50-60 – Meh. I wish I hadn’t ordered it, but i’ll finish this cup.
30-60 – Barely drinkable. – Throwing away/giving away the rest of this one.
0-30 – Went down the drain. Too sad to even pass along to friends.

Salt Lake City, UT